Nano Pad - getting started

Default Nano Pad - getting started

Hi. I recently bought a Korg Nano Pad with high hopes, but I can't seem to get it working.
    I've read the manual several times over, but I just can't seem to understand what I'm trying to achieve.
    I've downloaded Kontrol Editor and EZ Drummer and I've got Traktor Pro 3.
    I know what the pad's meant to do, but my MIDI knowledge must just be insufficient.

My main question is, how do I assign things to the pads?
    In Kontrol Editor there's all these CC/Note Number options, but I don't understand what they do and if I'm meant to use them or what...

I know I sound stupid, but can anyone help an enthusiastic beginner out?
    Like, preferably from absolute scratch?
    Thanks, Rob.

*moved thread to appropriate forum*
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Ok, so basically we need to know one thing before we can help you do what you want to do.

What is it you want to do?
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Yeah, sorry. I re-read my post and realised it was a bit vague and without point.
    Basically, I want to know how to assign things to my NanoPad. Whether that be cues on Traktor or Drums on EZDrummer.
    I don't know how to use Kontrol Editor, I guess, and I don't really understand MIDI
    Thanks

as a beginner for the sake of understanding try and seperate the midi things you are trying to accomplish; midi mapping in traktor and midi editing in the korg editor. for starting out, don't worry about the latter just yet.

midi mapping in traktor is assigning traktor functions to the midi #s that are output by the nanopad.

perhaps download the tsi that i think ean put out in his guide and load that up to get an idea how the mapping works.

as you learn more about how midi works, you may want to change the midi #s that the nanopad outputs and for that you use the korg editor and save the changes by writing them to the device.

good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk