Midi mapping - How do you turn on a button at the top of a knob or slider?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Midi mapping - How do you turn on a button at the top of a knob or slider?

On Traktor Pro, I can't figure out how to turn a button on at the right most position on a knob, or at the top of a slider. So when the knob is fully to the right it turns on a button. When you turn it left again, it turns off the button.

I have read how to turn things on at the half way point on a knob or slider and can do that just fine, but I would like to be able to additionally be able to turn something on at the very end as well.

I see that this type of control is on the VCI-100, so surely it must be possible on any other midi controller.

Thanks....

Hey just an FYI. please read the forum guidelines before posting. The controller mapings forum is for finished/in progress mappings only. For questions and advice on mappings please post in general. thanks!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Tech Wizard

No problem.

I'd appreciate any help I could get with this problem.

Thanks....

Tech Wizard

bump

Map it to the button you want with the knob and use the invert feature to do the flip.

Tech Wizard

Doing what you are describing turns the button on at just over 0% on the knob. In other words, when the knob is fully at 0 to the left, the assigned button with invert on this knob will turn on when you start moving the knob clockwise from 0.

I want to turn on this button only when at 100%. Then the button will turn off when I turn the knob down from 100%.

did you manage to sort this ? if so how ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

still waiting for an answer......hopefully

Starts with B...
    ends with omes

You will need the Bomes Midi Pro though because you will be using rules to create that kind of functionality where the knob will turn on button at the knobs 127(fully on) position then off as soon as its falls below 127.

Doing it that way also lets you do all sorts of other things like making the knob turn buttons on and off at any different position, controling different knobs at different scales to one another.

There might be a way to do it in Traktor but i personally do it this way if what i described before doesnt give the desired result. Bomes is alot more flexible when it comes to these sorts of smart knobs.

there is no way to do this in Traktor that I am aware of- which is why I designed this feature on a firmware level of the VCi-100SE.

Let me check with the Traktor team and see if there is another way around that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast