looking for new headphones
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default looking for new headphones

hello I'm looking for new headphones
    someone has these STANTON DJ PRO 1000 MK II
    http://www.djdeals.com/stantonDJPRO1000.htm
    some one have any experience whit this headphones?

Tech Convert

Default Im in the same boat

Im also looking for a new set of headphones. I have been looking at

Allen & Heath Xone XD-53 Headphones
    Denon DNHP1000 Professional DJ Headphones
    Pioneer HDJ2000 DJ Headphones
    Numark Redwave Pro DJ Headphones

IF anyone has any reviews for these or recomendations. Some one also mentioned me a brand AIAIAI or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by NTPacman View Post

IF anyone has any reviews for these or recomendations. Some one also mentioned me a brand AIAIAI or something ?
    i say get the pioneer's

recently my trusty sennheiser HD25's died off (the right driver blown) after almost 5 years of heavy abuse - it is fixable but i am in the mood to try something new

I just bought a replacement - the Audio Technica ATH-M50 and i must say holy crap these headphones are good!

Compared to the hd25's the ATH-m50 has deeper bass without being muddy, and also good representation of mids and highs, plus it has better isolation (for me at least) than the over-the-ear HD25, although the HD25 is a bit more flat and accurate than the audio technicas

you cant go wrong with either of these two headphones - i am gonna mod / fix my old hd25 so i can have both of them , the hd25s are lighter and more comfy for long listening sessions , the ath-m50 have better isolation but a little bit bigger and heavier, they kinda can be used for different occasions but they both are awesome headphones
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Wizard

i'm owning a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50, too. Really good headphones but more suited for studio though...

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

This is 4th or 5th thread in 2 weeks on the subject ... search button or

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=22834 ..

Good reccommendations and reviews / views in there

Tech Convert

Yeah I had looked through a little bit of the forums however there aren't anything specific to to the question I had asked. Why I posted ok here rather than creating a new forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NTPacman View Post

Pioneer hdj2000 all the way!! Got a new set a couple of weeks ago and they are awesome! Light and comfortable and great sound!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

I've got HDJ-2000s. After coming from HD-25s I can say I miss my HD25s isoloation and comfort. I feel my hdj have really good lows and mids, a bit bassier then the hd25. For long listening the HDJ-2000 tend to start hurting your ears, but this is only after like hours of listening and not moving them. So far i'm very happy with my hdj2000s. I probably would have stayed hd25 if the cable was coiled though.

Tech Mentor

I just got my HD25s about a month ago and I am really enjoying them so far. I would recommend them. I wasn't sure I would like the on ear design cause I had always worn over the ear models. To me it's not uncomfortable at all thus far.

I was also considering the Xone 53's before I settled on the HD25s, but on the right ear the inside of the headphone (part of the driver assembly maybe) stuck out too far and pushed on my ear. Unusual I know, but I wasn't gonna take the chance that the other 53s fit the same way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast