DJ Setup Help

Thread: DJ Setup Help

Default DJ Setup Help

Hi, I have always loved djtechtools and been able to get all the assistance/amazing mappings I have needed, but I am having a lot of difficulty with my new equipment and need some assistance.

Equipment: Reloop Digital Jockey Interface Edition 2
    Kaoss Pad 3 (KP3)
    Roland Juno Di
    USB Powered midi controller
    Running Traktor Pro 2 on Alienware M15x

As many people have found out, the built in sound card for the Reloop is useless, I am experiencing lots of buzzing through the headphones and decided on purchasing a Behringer UCA222 audio interface to solve that problem for minimal cost. To use the KP3 as a external effects processor, I am planning on buying a second UCA222 for line out and in.

But this setup leaves problems

My laptop only has 3 usb ports, the two UCA222's will take up two and the Reloop(to my understanding) has to be plugged in via usb, leaving no way to connect the midi controller. (My Roland will have an out to an effects pedal, with an out from there to the mic in of the KP3)

Is there any other ways of setting everything up so I could use the Arcade Fighter?

Thanks in advance

you need a powered USB hub...
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Mentor

why 2 soundcards?? you could just buy a sound card with multi ins and out? that would save you a usb slot
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

why 2 soundcards?? you could just buy a sound card with multi ins and out? that would save you a usb slot
    A Maya 44 would do the trick for sound cards at a pretty low cost and less headaches .. and yes as mentioned USB powered hub.

I've been looking for usb cable with led I've seen it on dj moldovers set up I just don't know
    where or how to get them I just purchased 3 pair and it seems there for printers on one
    side only

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Cables with LED = World of Hurt for DJ's, it was discussed here before with many others having the same issues,

I have 2 of them and neither work properly with my sound card and intermittent with midi controllers, guessing its the way the LED is wired into them, too much occasional current draw perhaps...

Fluorescent paint would be a better bet if you really need to see them.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I currently have a usb to RCA cable to from my laptop to the KP3, found out there's little to no latency, and the KP3 out to speakers, leaving me an extra usb port and no need to buy any soundcards

Now I am looking into some custom mappings for the reloop interface 2, any suggestions?