Played on CDJs for the first time yesterday

Default Played on CDJs for the first time yesterday

Was over at my mates place yesterday and played with his CDJ-800s (mk1), and I've got to say, it was an interesting feeling. Obviously, beatmatching is more difficult without any visual cues, but I mostly stuck to 140bpm Dubstep, so it wasn't a complete trainwreck.

What I did feel was that it was a bit more "liberating" than playing with Traktor, in Traktor I seem to over-analyze my track selection (having most of my tracks tagged, sorted and whatnot), and when I didn't even have the song title on the CDJ, it was a lot easier to just press "next", see if it sounded good and go with it.

Still, I'll probably stick with TSP2, CDJs were nice, but they're a tad bit pricey (of course, when my A10 craps out, as its done now, it would be nice to have something to play digital files with).
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

I find cdj's easier to mix without visuals........800's platters feel nice too!

It's another way of mixing. I learned DJing with cds, bought a digital setup for myself but in the end I end up missing something: actually listening to the music. Now I'm using TTs with good ol' vinyl and I don't miss the visuals at all. I can safely say that I'm enjoying the music more than ever.

So it's all about preference
    Gear: late 2011 13" i7 256GB Macbook Air, Numark NS7, 2x Technics SL-1200MK2, Dateq XTC, 2x M-Audio CX8
    Check my Souncloud for livesets: http://soundcloud.com/dj-subliminal