Speaker problems with B52
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Speaker problems with B52

I have a B52 Matrix 1000 V2 and I've used them for over a year, and I LOVE them. My only complaint is that they dont have the power to push through a crowd of more than about 100 people, so today, I bought two new Peavey P115's with the plan of running those through the full range outputs on the B52. Anyway, I when I plug them in and turn the system on, I get this really loud hum out of all the speakers, but it only happens when the new Peaveys are plugged in. Anybody have any clue as to why this happens or how to fix it?

Sounds like a ground loop problem. Try getting a ground loop isolator or similar.

I may be wrong though
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Mentor

cant find that much info on the spec.. are they powered or active?? What amps are you running, mixer.... etc
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jamthrax View Post
    cant find that much info on the spec.. are they powered or active?? What amps are you running, mixer.... etc
    looking back at your speakers.... i dont think your build in amps can run the peavey's. If so you need address this first
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Tech Mentor

sorry for the multiple posts...... but you need to buy an amp you run these new speakers

Tech Student

Thanks for the quick replies, I was really hoping I didnt need to buy a separate amp for those, seeing as one of the main reasons I bought those and not any other ones. I asked the guy at Guitar Center if he thought that those speakers would work with my current setup, and he said that , while being underpowered, as long as Im not clipping my system, then everything should run great. It wont be running at max output, but it would give me what I was looking for at least for now, while still leaving a bit of overhead so that if I did upgrade to a fully powered amp system, I wouldnt need to get new speakers.

Tech Mentor

you never want to under power speakers... easy way to break them

Tech Student

Good point, I was most likely only going to use them only once or maybe twice, basically just until I got enough money to buy a nice amp. Out of curiosity, what amp would you recommend?

Tech Mentor

a quick reference to under powering speakers

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics...io/118859.html

Tech Student

Ok thanks a lot, I will be sure to get myself an amp to power them with before I use them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast