Deadpixel - Amen (My original electro-step remix of the Winstons - Amen Brother)

Default Deadpixel - Amen (My original electro-step remix of the Winstons - Amen Brother)

hi there guys

did this for my school (SAE) assignment:

NOTE: This is a work in progress and is just a rough draft sketch of the final product! there are over 50 tracks in the session file so i havent done the full mixdown yet

The school project demanded me to choose a cultural object and adapt it into today's target audience, as in i take something that is quite old and historical and attempt to do a fresh modern perspective on it...

This is my take on the 1969 funk/soul classic "Amen , Brother" by the winstons, the song that has arguably the most sampled drum break in history of music (the amen break)

i have also included the original amen break in the middle of the song as a build up before the dubstep part~

This is a draft mix but is far from finished, but the overall idea is there already, i still need to do a total mixdown and mastering, my ears are pretty fried from over listening to it so I decided that i will give it a days rest before doing the final mixdown / mastering

will post the final mastered version here as well for some feedback

What do you guys think? comments and feedbacks?

the inspiration comes from the recent trend of electro-house / brostep crossover (eg. knife party, porter robinson)

done in ableton suite 8 / ni massive / sylenth / etc

This is only the third or so track that I ever finished, im just an Audio Engineering student so im still learning much
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

ok did a little bit more work on it and this is the result

comments / feedback please!

Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50