APC 40 or Launchpad ?

Default APC 40 or Launchpad ?

The question is in the title guys.

Which one would you choose and why ?
    Money isn't a factor.
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

apc40 because it does everything the launchpad does and more

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    This, and really, that should be /thread.
    the only issue i could see with the APC40 is that it needs to be powered, so it's a bit more cumbersome when it comes to transporting it, but I ran around town with mine in my backpack with my laptop last night, so I dont find that to be an issue. controlling volume without real faders and controlling sends without knobs is just... not good enough.
    get the APC 40 and never look back. best piece of equipment you can buy, and i really almost mean that in the absolute sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ajrindy View Post
    This, and really, that should be /thread.
    the only issue i could see with the APC40 is that it needs to be powered, so it's a bit more cumbersome when it comes to transporting it, but I ran around town with mine in my backpack with my laptop last night, so I dont find that to be an issue. controlling volume without real faders and controlling sends without knobs is just... not good enough.
    get the APC 40 and never look back. best piece of equipment you can buy, and i really almost mean that in the absolute sense.
    I checked my Options between both Devices and I ended up getting the APC40 Quite truthfully it's an all around versatile device!! I can see myself doing more with the APC40 vs. Launchpad!!, I prefer having faders/knobs for filtering/eq'ing/etc & yes APC40 needs too be powered but glad it came with power supply included I figured it out when I accidentally left my 12v 2A power supply at home couldn't use my APC40 =( yesterday!!

I bought a Launchpad instead of an APC 40 and I still think about buying an APC 40.

In reality, they're two different products. Launchpad is fun and less expensive. Launchpad buttons are bigger. And it's this cool lightweight LED grid you can pick up with your hand and play.

But no knobs and faders, so you'll almost always want another controller. Just depends what you're looking for: a multi-purposing workhorse or a 9x9 grid of buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    +1
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I own both, and ever since I got my APC, the Launchpad is only used for some Traktor effects triggers. And thats only because I haven't figured out how to map the old Instant Gratification combos to the APC. Yet.

APC definitely. Proper knobs and faders everytime!
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/