Upgrading from a Numark Mixtrack Pro.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Upgrading from a Numark Mixtrack Pro.

I've been digital DJing since summer, but only really got serious with it in the last 4 or 5 months with a Numark Mixtrack Pro.

Eventually I switched over to Traktor and realized with the Mixtrack; I don't have hotcues, awkward loop mechanics, and limited effects, NO sampling. And the mixtrack has become to feel more and more like a toy, The EQ knobs are getting loose too.

In the mean time, I borrowed my friends iPad, learned TouchOSC and used that for hotcues and sampling. But my friend wants his iPad back soon, understandably, and it's not really in my budget or interest to invest in an iPad solely for those purposes.

So, what do you guys think my next step is? I was thinking of maybe...

Getting an S4, because it offers everything I'd need for quite a while, and with the money I have now I can nab a used one on my local craigslist. I'd like a new one, but I don't currently have the money and it's pricey.

Getting an S2, because of the crazy deal on it lately (either this site, or djtechtools has them for about $400 with a bunch of perks). But, I feel than what they cut from the S4 for the S2 is what I wanted; the sampling, filters, and overall interface. Is it just simply redundant to go to another two deck controller at this point?

Finding a using NS6, pretty much the same reasons as the S4, if I decide upgrading to a 4 deck controller is the best route to take. Does it work as well with Traktor? Pros and Cons versus the S4?

Getting gadgets that compliment the Mixtrack Pro. I've just recently decided I want to learn to produce a little bit and would like to get in the swing of things with pads, effects processors etc (I don't know jack about any of these). Looked at some akai stuff, looked into Korg kaossilator and kp3, both seem incredibly overpriced for what they accomplish.

Other, enlighten me, my budget is at a maximum of about 700$ if I can sell the Mixtrack for like 150. I'm pretty new to all of this.

Thanks!

i say get an s2,great price,does pretty much everything the s4 does at a fraction of the price.

But isn't getting another two deck controller kind of redundant especially when samples were what i was lacking the most? correct me if I'm wrong.

S2 and a Midi Fighter or LPD8 or something along those lines. I think you can get both and come in under $700

S2 has sample decks

oh yeah, you can switch between 4 cues or 4 samples

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    S2 and a Midi Fighter or LPD8 or something along those lines. I think you can get both and come in under $700
    How is there nearly a 300$ price difference between the two? Is the lpd8 just crumby?

Quote Originally Posted by Electros2 View Post
    S2 has sample decks
    Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    oh yeah, you can switch between 4 cues or 4 samples
    Alright, but I know 90% of the time i'm going to want those hotcues ready to go and not samples. how does the sharing of this work? does it work well?

Could someone list what exactly the S2 lacks in comparison to the S4?

Tech Wizard

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...-s2/?page=2901

Adding a midi fighter classic can give you access to more samples and cues if mapped right.
    Vestax VCI-400, Midi Fighter, SRH-750DJ's, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post
    How is there nearly a 300$ price difference between the two? Is the lpd8 just crumby?
    Lpd8 is kickass...

My main hesitation on just upgrading to an S2 is, if I sell the mixtrack for 150$. the S2 will cost me 250.

What functionality did that 250 buy me? what can the S2 REALLY do that the Mixtrack can't, I keep leaning towards the S4 cause I feel it does so much more, but it seems ridiculously priced.

@smaze so does that make the midi fighter REALLY kickass because I could buy like 5 lpd8's for one midi fighter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast