Xonetacular's guide and general tips for buying second hand Technics 1200s - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Guru

Hello Xone,
    Wondering if you can offer any advice.
    Getting a noise on one turntable that sounds a higher frequency than the usual grounding hum but sounds and appears similar despite ground cables being connected to the mixer. Any thoughts on what might be causing it? Would the ground mod potentially fix this? Not afraid to open one up and have a go but equally don't want to waste time.
    Turntable in question is an M3D.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    Hello Xone,
    Wondering if you can offer any advice.
    Getting a noise on one turntable that sounds a higher frequency than the usual grounding hum but sounds and appears similar despite ground cables being connected to the mixer. Any thoughts on what might be causing it? Would the ground mod potentially fix this? Not afraid to open one up and have a go but equally don't want to waste time.
    Turntable in question is an M3D.
    I think you have already ruled out the ground wires causing the issue. I would start by checking the connection of your headshells first. Try cleaning and swapping them out to see if that changes anything.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Default Help Needed!

Hi, i've been having some frustrating trouble with my set up as whenever i plug anything into the right hand channel of the 2 channel set up there is an awful sound and i cant even play a record at all, the confusing thing is that the left hand turntable works fine and when i swap them over its still the right hand one the does not work so it isnt anything to do with the turntable itself as both work fine on the left and have their ground wires screwed into the mixer, my set up is an Allen & Heath xone 23 and 2 stanton t60 vinyl turntables and an evolution audion amp & warfendale speakers. Everything seemed to have been set up correctly as the left one works fine but when swapped on to the right is dose not work. Any suggestions please?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345