Ikea DJ station

Thread: Ikea DJ station

Tech Convert

Default Ikea DJ station

Hi,

I've posted a comment in the Ikea DJ station article ( http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/10/1...om-ikea-parts/ ) but I'm not sure if anyone's checking that at the moment?

I've bought the Capita Angled legs to attached to the Expedit Book case, however the bolt on the legs isn't long enough to go all the way through the book case to secure underneather with the plastic cirlce and nut. I've seen a few comments in the article from people who have the same problem, and wondered if anyone can shed any light on how they've managed to set theirs up?

I'm thinking of buying another bolt and cutting the top off to leave the rod, then using some Araldite to stick it to the original ikea bolt creating a little extensions?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Olie
    Omni Control (4 Deck TSI.) - Knorg NanoKontrol - Traktor Pro - http://www.mixcloud.com/Olie_Simpson/ - http://soundcloud.com/olie-simpson

I had to CAREFULLY countersink a hole. I must emphasize carefully. There isn't much to that case, and if you go too far with the countersink, you're going to need a new case. Even after I did this, I still wasn't able to get too far on the threads.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

All you need to do is go to lowes and get two new bolts. You can ditch the whole capita bolt assembly with the welded washer.

The bolts are metric so look in the metric bolts drawer at lowes or home depot and find the longest metric bolts they have in that size. Be careful there are standard bolts that seem like they would fit but do not use them and only get metric threads. Just bring the stock ikea one with you to make sure it's the right thread. Then get the widest possible washers they have that will fit- I believe the washers I found were with the standard thread bolts.

So I got a metal plate to go through to be sure it was sturdy applying even pressure but if you have the big wide washers and the big plastic ikea washer you should be fine. Just bolt through like this.

Or do that ^ Seems like a much better idea.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What xone said and use the metal plate. There's nothing but paper inside that Expedit shelf so the more you disperse the weight the better.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    All you need to do is go to lowes and get two new bolts. You can ditch the whole capita bolt assembly with the welded washer.

The bolts are metric so look in the metric bolts drawer at lowes or home depot and find the longest metric bolts they have in that size. Be careful there are standard bolts that seem like they would fit but do not use them and only get metric threads. Just bring the stock ikea one with you to make sure it's the right thread. Then get the widest possible washers they have that will fit- I believe the washers I found were with the standard thread bolts.

So I got a metal plate to go through to be sure it was sturdy applying even pressure but if you have the big wide washers and the big plastic ikea washer you should be fine. Just bolt through like this.

you ahve your decks set up battle style yeah? if so are u sing one or two expedit shelf units back to back? or are you using a table top mounted to one shelf unit?

Quote Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609 View Post
    you ahve your decks set up battle style yeah? if so are u sing one or two expedit shelf units back to back? or are you using a table top mounted to one shelf unit?
    No I have them normally and I am using two expedits bolted together, browse through here mid way through the thread- http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=36997

how did you bolt them together? i use my decks battle style so i know imma need either two shelf units or one shelf and a vika amon table top... what legs did you use for ur desk?

Quote Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609 View Post
    how did you bolt them together? i use my decks battle style so i know imma need either two shelf units or one shelf and a vika amon table top... what legs did you use for ur desk?
    read the thread it's all in there

I put the bolt through the hole and it only moved about a half inch without the nut on the other end, so I used some strong adhesive to stick it to the top - I only have a short shelf for the laptop and it works fine - if you're only putting something light on there it's an easy fix:

SC | MC