Trouble mapping LEDs

Default Trouble mapping LEDs

I'm working on a sample deck mapping, and I've got a LED that's giving me some trouble.

Basically, I've got a LED that I want to light up whenever there's a sample playing in a slot, and to go dark if the sample in question is muted and/or paused.

I've managed to make the mute/unmute status work using the out command Sample Deck | Mute/Unmute, setting the control range to 0-1 and invert. This makes the LED light up when the sample is playing and is unmuted, and makes it go dark when the sample is muted.

However, it seems as when I stop the sample playback, Traktor counts it as unmuted, and thus, the LED lights up.

I have absolutely no ideas on how to solve this. I've tried using the Sample Deck | Deck Play command, set to invert, to make the LED shut off when the slot is not being played. This, however, makes the LED light up when I pause the deck whilst it's unmuted, and go out when I pause it whilst it's muted.

Are there any experienced mappers around who might have a clue to the solution here?
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Guru

Give me 5 minutes and I will have your answer. I mapped my dicers to do that.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Mentor

I believe you have to use a modifier. Not sure exactly how but I think this is how you have to do what you want.

Tech Guru

Just map the LED to deck play instead of mute/unmute. Assign it to the correct sample deck, and controller range of 0-1. No invert.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Quote Originally Posted by djlotus View Post
    Just map the LED to deck play instead of mute/unmute. Assign it to the correct sample deck, and controller range of 0-1. No invert.
    If I do this, the LED will be on no matter if the deck is unmuted or not, which isn't quite what I'm looking to do.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Guru

I will poke around after class today and see what I can come up with.

Tech Guru

I've created a sample for you. Instead of mapping the mute/unmute, I mapped the volume control. Pushing the button on the dicer turns the volume all the way up and lights up, pushing it again turns the volume all the way down and turns off. I used a modifier to tell the led what to do in each state.

This mapping also allows for changes and additions to the modifier states should you need it. Let me know if this helped.