Overheard at a Datsik show
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    228

    Default Overheard at a Datsik show

    NOt too long ago I went to the Deadmest show in STL (with Datsik and Aoki), and heard this while Datsik was playing:

    Girl (dreamy voice): I wishh sooo much that this was Skrillex!!
    Boyfriend (also in a dreamy voice): Just close your eyes and we can pretend that it is!

    I didn't know whether to laugh (because it's true) or cry (because it's true).

  2. #2
    ▄ber Tech Guru Ed Paris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    l.e. city / germany
    Posts
    3,969

    Default

    datsik, skrillex, excision...where┤s the difference?

    in some kinda strange way that boy was right, when he told her to close her eyes.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
    FB/Ed Paris
    MC/Ed Paris
    FB/Wallach
    SC/Wallach

  3. #3
    Tech Guru Conall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    607

    Default


  4. #4
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    8,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    datsik, skrillex, excision...where┤s the difference?
    Datsik played at the night i used to promote. Excision and Skrillex didnt. Only difference Im aware of

  5. #5
    ▄ber Tech Guru Ed Paris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    l.e. city / germany
    Posts
    3,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Datsik played at the night i used to promote. Excision and Skrillex didnt. Only difference Im aware of
    then i think it is about time for both of them to do that as quick as they can!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
    FB/Ed Paris
    MC/Ed Paris
    FB/Wallach
    SC/Wallach

  6. #6

    Default

    Well personally i think skrillex is a bit more electro house'ish than Datsik.. Datsik i just pure hardcore dubstep
    Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio 2, Aiaiai TMA-1, Behringer EuroRack MX 1604A, M-Audio BX5A, Macbook Pro 15'' mid 2010
    Facebook and Soundcloud: Fuscus http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fuscus/275164752519652

  7. #7
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    8,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    then i think it is about time for both of them to do that as quick as they can!
    No thanks. Anyway the place has closed down now. Its a Chinese Karaoke Restaurant.
    I went in there a few months ago with my old boss. I was very very drunk and we had a meal and more drinks. The bar till was in the place that the old DJ booth was. I told the guy taking the money about the dj booth about 5 times "I used to DJ here and the decks were here and the blah blah" until i realised that he did not give a crap and wasnt even listening to me.

    I ruined a brand new shirt that night, spilled Chinese food all over it.

    True story, im afraid

  8. #8
    ▄ber Tech Guru Ed Paris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    l.e. city / germany
    Posts
    3,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    No thanks. Anyway the place has closed down now. Its a Chinese Karaoke Restaurant.
    I went in there a few months ago with my old boss. I was very very drunk and we had a meal and more drinks. The bar till was in the place that the old DJ booth was. I told the guy taking the money about the dj booth about 5 times "I used to DJ here and the decks were here and the blah blah" until i realised that he did not give a crap and wasnt even listening to me.

    I ruined a brand new shirt that night, spilled Chinese food all over it.

    True story, im afraid
    i hope it was the serato shirt :P
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
    FB/Ed Paris
    MC/Ed Paris
    FB/Wallach
    SC/Wallach

  9. #9
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    8,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    i hope it was the serato shirt :P
    hah no i accidentally spilled petrol on that and then accidentally took it off and dropped it the BBQ:eek:

    [just kidding JesC]

  10. #10
    ▄ber Tech Guru Ed Paris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    l.e. city / germany
    Posts
    3,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    hah no i accidentally spilled petrol on that and then accidentally took it off and dropped it the BBQ:eek:

    [just kidding JesC]
    good boy!


    [not kidding JesC]
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
    FB/Ed Paris
    MC/Ed Paris
    FB/Wallach
    SC/Wallach

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •