My stupidity (and gig this Friday)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default My stupidity (and gig this Friday)

Hey guys

So I just wanted to share my idiocy with you all.

I was spinning in a club on Friday night to a small crowd with a friend of mine. I was cramped in this little DJ booth with my lappy, VCI-100 and MIDIFighter. First set went smooth, fun times, good tunes. My second set the other DJ and I were doing a 2 to 2 collaborative mixing thing, which was fun.

The thing is that i got into the booth to mix my two tracks and suddenly no sound is hitting the mixer. My first fear was that everything locked up again. It hasn't in a while, since I started using Bomes. But, well, I look at the screen and everything is moving. The VCI is working, the sound card is working.

Holy shit then, what happened? Did the cables sponatenously burn out or something? Don't think so, but no time to check. I grab some CDs (always bring backups) and do two mixes on there.

After I look down I notice something. The crossfader is on the wrong side. wtf? Yeah, I freaked out and almost tore my whole setup apart WHILE mixing because the crossfader was on the wrong side.

Did the same thing again at the fetish party I was spinning Saturday night. wooooo

Speaking of which, if anyone is interested, in the NYC area, in trekking out to a fetish party in Red Hook, there's going to be some crazy shit. If you want to come I can get you informations. There's a dress code, but it's 18+. I'll be spinning by myself and with my friend Cliff as our new duo, named Aphotic.

So yeah, I'm an idiot, but it's all good.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

LOLz... glad you found out what it was, before you started kicking your equipment than.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

This had happened a few times before when being at home, My mixer´s crossfader is very light so sometimes Í have move it without noticing it, making that one line sounds very low or if pushed completly I get no sound at all obviously. Most of the times I record my sets so I get really pissed. So now I removed the crossfader cap and sticked a small piece of tape holding the fader so it is always on the center position and then put the cap on again, as I never use the crossfader I rather have it on a fixed position.
    When playing out I do the same depending on the mixer, (on a nice allen & heath you just don´t assign any line to the crossfader... love it )

fetish party?

I think every one has had that cross fader problem before. Such a pita lol
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Rookie!

*run for the door*
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by Krilikz View Post
    I think every one has had that cross fader problem before.
    I am inclined to agree cuz i have certainly done it !

I did this once while I was djing a dance for the kids at my school. All of a sudden no sound...I was like wtf??? My headphone cord caught the crossfader.....I felt like a horses ass!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Yeah, me and my buddy play back to back. We should zero everything when handing over but sometimes forget. Hilarity ensues.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I've done something similar before. The DJ before me was finishing up. I was just going to fade my track in on the synth outro. Pressed play on my controller. Raised the volume on the house mixer... nothing. I freaked.

But before the song ended, a matter of 15 seconds. I noticed the volume on my controller was at zero. Hurried up and made it loud... too loud, hurried up and turn the main mixer down. Then rocked the house for the rest of the night. Silly me.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

hahaha i do that all the time. youre still an idiot tho
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast