Anteaters evolving set up - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MrAybar View Post
    Hi, where did you find technics stickers?????
    I sprayed the cover plates with 2-pac and bought the stickers from ebay; a few sellers do them in various colours, I got black to tie in with the white. You can also get big 'Technics' stickers for the sides of the decks but they looked a bit to flashy for me - as in not subtle enough.

Having said that I'm slightly tempted by a 12" skinz white decal skin for the S4 which is about as unsubtle as you can get.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Dope looking setup!! And i'm so so so so so so so so jealous of the your Duc. I've got my M1, but I live at home and my Mom would kill me if I picked one up . I've always wanted either a Streetfighter, or 848.

The 1210's look dope!
    Cheers bud. 2 classy bikes, I always thought the streetfighter would look really cool with clip-ons 848 style instead of the handle bars sorta naked racer style.

If you like looking at custom Ducati's look up Radical Ducati on the web or Facebook, they have built some awesome original bikes.

Tech Mentor

Had the set up stripped for a gig a couple of weeks so thought is would be rude not to tidy the whole thing up at the same time. Sefour stand is now sprayed Glacier white matching the 1210 covers + I got the perspex sheet for the top shelve.

I know white isn't for everyone but I love it

There is now a ADJ jellyfish in the music room above the decks so it's like a mini club in the house now.

Forthcoming plans include;
    more lighting
    8gb on the Mac (ordered yesterday)
    set up speakers & amp for home use not just playing out.

Biggest intended change is go to an Z2 from the S4, not just because it's the shiny new kid on the block; more to do with functionality. Switching between timecode, real vinyl and a microphone for voice loops and normal mic use is crap on the S4 and I find when you switch back to timecode the time code signal sometimes comes over the PA when input D has the mike unplugged. Nightmare when playing out. Only way to fix timecode signal when the above happens is to reset up via the set up wizard. Beyond useless to be honest and a real error in the S4 design.

Looks like the Z2 fixes this and the 2+2 decks doesn't bother me, most of my mixing is 2 decks, max 3 and I'm getting more and more out of the F1 as time go's by.

Tech Mentor

A few months a few tweaks;

S4 is gone and a Z2 is installed. I made a bolt on laptop stand for the Sefour X25. Spend a lot of time on vinyl these days and less on Traktor when I'm on my own. The Traktor workflow is good though and overall I'm happy with the set up for practice.

I want to make this a permanent install with other kit for playing out - most of my work is effectively 'mobile' where we supply our own kit so, this gets stripped on a regular basis. Been using the 1210's out a fair bit recently and juggling between vinyl and timecode, people love seeing you use them which is nice, although I'm starting to see the benefits of CDJ's for transportation and ease of set up....

stunning set up!

Anteater, I am toying with buying a Sefour x25 stand but wondered if it would be possible to fix the sefour single cd brakets over the tops of the turtable plinths? I run 2 turntables and 2 cdjs but also need to run a laptop on the stand as well? Any chance you could take a look, as the images on the Sefour site dont make it clear how the extra brackets fit to the main frame.

oh btw love the set up it looks ace

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Crem Brule View Post
    Anteater, I am toying with buying a Sefour x25 stand but wondered if it would be possible to fix the sefour single cd brakets over the tops of the turtable plinths? I run 2 turntables and 2 cdjs but also need to run a laptop on the stand as well? Any chance you could take a look, as the images on the Sefour site dont make it clear how the extra brackets fit to the main frame.

oh btw love the set up it looks ace
    No probs, I'll do you some pics of what I've done tomorrow night. It's worth mentioning my high level perspex shelve is a double CDJ mount - I just converted it by getting the perspex cut and placed it in. The laptop stand add-on was easy to make, box section steel, a VESA mount, rubber feet and a Citronic CDJ shelve.

I find the X25 totally solid for using but a bit clunky for out and about. Having said that I paid £60 for it second hand (inc CDJ shelve) so it was a total bargain.

My van is on deaths door, if I have to start using a car I'd like to get a lite console as it would be easier to set up. http://www.liteconsolexprs.co.uk

But overall, I find the X25 works well.

Tech Mentor

6 months on and I've got a workflow I'm almost 100% happy with. The Sefour stand has been stripped and forgotten about.

We now have an Ultimax 1.7M deck stand which is great for moving around and strips easily. I made a custom top shelve from a spare bit of MDF and some sticky felt from an automotive supplier, its solid and at 450+ wide the 1210's sit on it properly - the standard shelves are too narrow.

Handy hint, staple velcro on to the underside of the shelve and you make instant and permanent cable ties for all the connections.

Gear wise, not much of a change, I've picked up two kontrol stands with this weeks price drop, so err I obviously need to pick up a new X1 so I can err use the 2nd stand....

Last edited by anteater32; 10-16-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Tech Mentor

A few months on and I have a set up I'm truly happy with. It's all been simplified, the midi fighters have gone to new owners and I'm sitting with my 1210's, Z2, F1 and X1 Mk II.

Sorted and needs nothing else for my work flow, no messing about with usb hubs either, just a single cable to the mbp. Very happy and all I need.

Other additions; Crossfade LP's, Chroma Caps (1 missing but DDTT are sorting it out) and I've now got spare needles in my Ortofon case.

The coolest thing about these set-up threads is seeing how peoples gear changes and evolves over time, my set up has changed a lot since my first Numark Omni and Dell laptop.........
    Last edited by anteater32; 02-03-2014 at 05:37 PM.

what an awesome set up great progression
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast