The Turntable/D2/Z2 combo is just so deadly

LOVE IT

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    it looks like a rainbow just vomited all over your gear

Works well in the dark though

Tech Mentor

A couple of months on and here we go again;

Both X1 Mk2's sold, a second Kontrol D2 added and a rethink on the set up, so I've spilt into 'digital' and 'analogue' systems basically giving me two different ways to play.

Most of my work is err, mobile, yes dirty word I know but hey, it pays, so thats that, only real difference is I'm supplying the kit instead of using somebody else gear.

Anyway, to the point, I hate stripping all the stuff in my practice room down and building it back up so decided to take the plunge and join the Ikea hordes.

So, digital set up;
    Green Kallax unit (green because I can ) on wheels so its easy to move with the fold away brackets for cable management - celebrate the cables I say, why bother trying to hide them, we all know they are there.

My Alto Truesonic's are sitting on new high level shelves - easier to move when I need them for gigs.

Analogue set up;
    The Sefour stand has reappeared for turntables only, needing a 2 channel mixer and should have one in place next week - the turntables are only used at home now, this is their permanent retirement home.

The Z2 and the 'new' mixer both use xlr's outputs so a permanent cable install means that's more kit I never have to move, love the double inputs on the Alto's really makes life easy.

Used one of our twin moving heads on the ceiling, well, just because I can, will have to remove it again as its used out quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by anteater32 View Post
    Cheers, the laptop stand was very simple to make, its just pvc drain pipe with six manufactured bends, would probably cost you around 10 bucks to make, max.

It was inspired by the AIAIAI laptop stand which is cool and very nice but ultimately a lot more expensive to do the same job. Must have taken me about 20 mins to make, I glued it, the stand is rock solid with the mbp on it but its less transportable than an un-glued version.

I like the way it angles the keyboard if you ever need to use it to do a search for a song or something like that.

A very easy thing to make yourself
    Necessity is the mother of invention.
    CDJ 2000 Nexus / DJM 900 Nexus / RMX 1000 (Crane stand pro holds it) / Traktor +Z1+X1MK2+F1+iPad/Laptop / Ableton 9 Suite / Ableton-Akai Push / NI Komplete 8 Ultimate +Monark & Battery 4 / Novation Launchpad / Akai MPK25 / Rokit 8's / NI Audio 6 / HDJ 2000 / Maschine / Chroma caps!!!

Tech Mentor

and the final link in the chain is complete

How are you liking the D2's? Are you using stem decks or remix decks regularly?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Louie_V View Post
    How are you liking the D2's? Are you using stem decks or remix decks regularly?
    Liking the D2's a lot.

I hardly ever use remix decks to be honest, just never quite gelled with the Remix thing, I use the F1 for effects rather than remix decks which is why I still keep it in the workflow.

Stems however;

Love them, really intuitive and you can basically make brand new mixes every time you load a track. :thumb:

I use playlists a lot too which means I can control everything pretty much from the D2's without looking at the laptop. One thing I'd like to see in the next firmware update is the comments being included.

When I prep tunes my comments has the camelot notation followed by my note on the kick / vocal e.g.

"10A 7 Vocal at 3.1.1"

Would make a difference to my life if that was on the screen. With the D2's in my workflow its the first times I've ever felt being comfortable without using turntables when I play - never thought the day would pass!

So the turntables will just spin vinyl for me only now, I'll always have them and love them but they are now my private plaything

Default X25

This setup looks sick! Im thinking of getting the x25 but im not sure if it will fit my traktor s8 along with my turntables.. Any guesses?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sillybat View Post
    This setup looks sick! Im thinking of getting the x25 but im not sure if it will fit my traktor s8 along with my turntables.. Any guesses?
    8cm of a difference between the S4 and S8;
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en...parison-chart/

Might be too tight, the S4 went in (back on page 2 of this thread) but it was a bit of a squeeze.

Ask me nicely and I'll work out how wide the X25 can go

X25 can go 19" if TT are in battle mode
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast