Anteaters evolving set up - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

That is one great setup you got out there. Everything is just awesome out there. I loved your laptop stand though. I gotta get one of these for myself as well. Nice pictures bro. Thanks for sharing.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonEllis View Post
    That is one great setup you got out there. Everything is just awesome out there. I loved your laptop stand though. I gotta get one of these for myself as well. Nice pictures bro. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers, the laptop stand was very simple to make, its just pvc drain pipe with six manufactured bends, would probably cost you around 10 bucks to make, max.

It was inspired by the AIAIAI laptop stand which is cool and very nice but ultimately a lot more expensive to do the same job. Must have taken me about 20 mins to make, I glued it, the stand is rock solid with the mbp on it but its less transportable than an un-glued version.

I like the way it angles the keyboard if you ever need to use it to do a search for a song or something like that.

A very easy thing to make yourself

Those white Technics are GORGEOUS!

Tech Mentor

Same set up, now with added truesonic-ness!

Yes, a small practice room with 800W RMS of speaker power Will probably hang them from the ceiling in a while, for the moment slung under the bench monitor style.

Not a bad space to play in, we have Z2, X1MkII, F1 all with chroma caps, 1210's, a pair of Alto Truesonic TS112A active speakers, a hazer between them, an Intimidator Spot Duo, an ADJ jellyfish and a lazer in the garage. The rest of the lights are stored but I like keeping some out to keep my eye in when practicing / building a set.

The speakers are total overkill in here but I've got them for a reason, needed a smaller more transportable set up for playing out and decided to use that as my 'studio monitors' too. TBH, I can get away with only plugging one of cabs into L&R channels so will probably practice that way.

Last edited by anteater32; 04-29-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Nice set-up.

Tech Wizard

Jealous of the 1210s. Looks great

I really enjoyed reading your thread! Thank you for sharing. The set up looks awesome and the Technics white covers look Great!
    I wanted to know about the USB cables in your photos with the green light they look pretty cool; which cables are these and where can I find them? I also loved the picture you have up on the wall of the close up shot of the turntable made up of different squares, were did you find that?

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hulk View Post
    I really enjoyed reading your thread! Thank you for sharing. The set up looks awesome and the Technics white covers look Great!
    I wanted to know about the USB cables in your photos with the green light they look pretty cool; which cables are these and where can I find them? I also loved the picture you have up on the wall of the close up shot of the turntable made up of different squares, were did you find that?

Thanks!
    Hi, search for Belkin lighted usb cable - they come in a few colours

As for the poster its a giant one cut up and stuck on the wall in A3 sections, don't remember where I got it, might have been eBay? Wasn't expensive.

Set up change on the way, bought a 2nd X1 and on the brink of buying a D2................ the price drop has lost persuaded me to go for it and see if stems works well with a D2 and an F1 combo.

Tech Mentor

So, STEMS.

a lot of fun

Tech Mentor

it looks like a rainbow just vomited all over your gear
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast