Best x64 Operating System for Traktor Pro 2 / Kontrol S2?
    Tech Convert

Default Best x64 Operating System for Traktor Pro 2 / Kontrol S2?

Hi guys,

I'm running a Windows-based PC with Windows 7 64-bit using my Traktor Kontrol s2 in Traktor Pro 2. Unfortunately I'm getting the dreaded crackle and pop issues, unless I boot without any services. I figure it's easier to just dualboot another OS.

What OS would you recommend for a partition dedicated to Traktor/audio?

Thanks!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Another Win7 optimized partition, XP's x64 wasn't the best. You could try simply running on a different user first.

If you google windows 7 dual boot you'll find an endless supply of knowledge on this. If you want to try a quick fix, there's a free program called game booster. I don't have the link on hand, but I got it off of Smitten's thread for his optimization code. I don't know if that alone will solve it. I did try Smitten's code, and it helped a lot, but under load and while recording it would crack and drop out still. I had gotten to the point where I was gonna sell my PC and just give in and buy a Mac, but then I tried the dual boot with everything optimized and it works perfect! It would've sucked too. I only spent $700 on my laptop, but in order to get a similarly spec'd Mac I'd have had to spend in the $2500-3000 range.

TL;DR Windows 7 dual boot runs great!

you can also try this: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

and try around with your windows services.

on my notebook, there was a wlan-device and some akku-energy-saver-module which was causing latency drops, i deactivatet it and now i can use it normal without problems.
    ( www.sickinc.org ~ a psychedelic trance ritual )

What racoon said. Make sure to disable hardware that can conflict with your setup. You can do this by clicking on the Windows button, right-click on My Computer, select Properties and then Device Manager. Disable the network connections, such as WIFI (Ethernet is not really necessary) and if you use an external soundcard, make sure to disable the onboard one. Hope this helps you a bit...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

i had same issues. just dual-booted and used a clean version of win 7 64-bit, followed this http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...dio+processing and made sure traktor was up o date and everything works peachy. i can even switch to firefox and browse the net while 2 tracks are mixing!!
    keepin' it real since 1999... DJAdamDaniel.co.uk