advce for the budget bedroom dj who wants the features of expenses ve controllers
    Tech Wizard

Default advce for the budget bedroom dj who wants the features of expensive controllers

Hey all, I'm just a bedroom dj that has no plans to ever do a real show. But I would love to perform for my friends at parties . So far I have just been using my mouse and keyboard (which has been impossible to use to mix anything decent sounding) and decided I want a real controller. My friend (who got me into djing) has an x session pro and a vci100 (he is also a bedroom DJ but has done a couple gigs for money so he is moving up in the world of DJing. I really like the vci100 but I saw the vci400 ran Golding edition just came out and looks so much better, so many cool features that I want to use. The only problem is I can't justify buying thousand dollar equipment on a small time hobby that I will only use every so often.
    I have been wanting a vci100se for a long while and if I can get it used for about 250 that would be ideal. I would also spend another 100 on the audio 2dj sound card.
    Any advice for a kid that wants to have professional features but doesn't have professional money?
    Last edited by silman; 02-21-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Get the Traktor Kontrol S2. Best bang for buck right now!

It's 400 and it already has a soundcard.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post

And if you buy it from here, they include some other things for free.

http://www.djtechtools.com/store/con...ontrol-s2.html

Im actually gonna by myself just trying to save more $$$

one day everyone will realize that only serato have controller specific features (twitch slicer).

Everything else is a case of mapping the actions in, for that you only need the same amount of controls, There is infinite soft shifts in vdj, or if you are using traktor download zestoi's midimasher. it can give you as many virtual pages as you need to do anything you want.

Stop thinking about controllers doing the work, It's the software and the mapping, controllers only do what they are told to do. That's why the only barometer of a good controller for me is quality, features are second eg. led rings around the encoders etc...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post

+1
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50