Repairing vestax 185 XL knobs
    Tech Student

Default Repairing vestax 185 XL knobs

Hello,

Some eq knobs cause trash noise when I using it. I decided exchange some knobs which I dont use, for example knobs from mic or send/receive panel.
    Maybe someone knows how to take off vestax 185xl mixer's knobs? Here is photos how it looks:

Tech Mentor

Removing the knobs won't change anything.
    You have to use a desoldering pump to remove the potentiometers which is a little risky.

You first need to open the sub assembly (the black plate). Screw it open to see the inside. Be sure to ground yourself before you do this!!!!!! Audio equipment is very delicate and can be harmed by static electricity. If you don't know what you're doing, then please don't do it at all. Find someone with experience in these matters to do it for you!

Fair warning, but let's continue. I can't see by the look of it if the pots are through hole or surface mounted (I'm guessing through hole, but can't be for sure until I've seen it). In both cases you need some soldering skills to swap these puppies out, so if you haven't my advice (again) is to leave it to a professional...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Student

Thank you for your answers, I think I am not so much advanced to make it. I think better to sell it on low price...