Over exaggerating movements
    Tech Mentor

Default Over exaggerating movements

Don't you hate it when Dj's over exaggerate every movement they make when twisting a knob or moving a fader? taking their hands off the mixer as if it would burn?

Being instructed in playing bass and guitar, playing an instrument is everything of saving up movements in order to be able to play faster, so as you hit a note try to make less movements when reaching the other note so as you dont waste time moving your hand all over the fretboard.

What are your oppinions?

there's a big thread somewhere about exactly the same issue..

i think it adds some expression to the whole twisting knob thing. the crowed sees that you're actually doing something.

if you hate it, just dont do it..

edit/ here you go: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=29471
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

It's a bit different to playing an instrument as we dont always have to hit various different buttons/twist knobs in a short space of time like a guitar.

I also believe it's just part of the show as people don't like to see a boring DJ standing looking lifeless, they like to see a bit of life in people. If it's a commercial and top40 type club where people don't care too much for the music then it's not so important but i think when people are looking up at the DJ it's nice to see them bopping about and doing these 'extra movements'.

Take this for example. Rock band, on stage at a concert, do they just stand still and play the guitar with a lack of movement? No they over-exxagerate their movements and give their all to put on a show.
    Like my page on facebook: JERC

Follow me on Soundcloud: JERC Music

Follow me on Twitter: JERCmusic

Quote Originally Posted by polybius View Post
    Don't you hate it when Dj's over exaggerate every movement they make when twisting a knob or moving a fader? taking their hands off the mixer as if it would burn?
    Ean Golden.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polybius View Post
    What are your oppinions?
    My opinion is that we went over this in the thread linked above and it turned into a car crash...so to prevent another pile up...

[closed]