http://skratchworx.com/reviews/sc3900.php

Any questions?
    Silvio Zeppieri
    Denon DJ Brand Manager, D&M Professional
    100 Corporate Drive
    Mahwah, New Jersey, 07058 (USA)
    http://www.denondj.com

Yes, can I have one?

Seriously though, do you guys have any plan on contending with the "club standard" that Pioneer has become? Like, plans for hitting up big clubs, big DJs and "getting your foot in" so to speak? A lot of the features on the SC3900 seem absolutely awesome, but they're not going to be worth much if you'll still only find Pioneer units in the clubs.

Also, will we be seeing a sucessor to the DN-S 1200 anytime soon?
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Seriously though, do you guys have any plan on contending with the "club standard" that Pioneer has become?
    THIS! ...

1. Beautiful CD player and I would pick one up in an instant if I knew that all the clubs were using them and i had the ability to go to any venue and plug in my laptop, fire up the software and do it.

2. And because it was mentioned elsewhere, does tapping or dragging on the platter (not vinyl) allow you to pitch bend back or forwards like a normal turntable.

3. Is there transpose function with increments in cents ?

Price seems fantastic BTW
    Last edited by deevey; 02-22-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Seriously though, do you guys have any plan on contending with the "club standard" that Pioneer has become? Like, plans for hitting up big clubs, big DJs and "getting your foot in" so to speak? A lot of the features on the SC3900 seem absolutely awesome, but they're not going to be worth much if you'll still only find Pioneer units in the clubs.
    Cybertrash, what drives demand in Clubs are DJs and marketing. Top DJs and inspiring DJs can be easily influenced by free gear or heavy marketing, Pioneer won the club scene by doing both. We know this for a fact because the man who built Pioneer DJ in the USA now works for Denon DJ / D&M Pro.

Prior to Pioneer’s success, Denon dual decks was the Club standard, choice player for Mobile DJs worldwide throughout the 90’s. The difference is, Denon didn’t win everyone’s heart over by giving away free goods and heavy marketing. We just made rock solid intuitive products with world’s first features, great reliability at a fair market price, then and now.

Also, will we be seeing a sucessor to the DN-S 1200 anytime soon?
    Nothing that I can see, but the next big trade is in Germany next month, keep eyes open for Denon.
    Silvio Zeppieri
    100 Corporate Drive

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    1. Beautiful CD player and I would pick one up in an instant if I knew that all the clubs were using them and i had the ability to go to any venue and plug in my laptop, fire up the software and do it.
    Thanks, see my comments above about clubs.

2. And because it was mentioned elsewhere, does tapping or dragging on the platter (not vinyl) allow you to pitch bend back or forwards like a normal turntable.
    Yes, same as a real TT

Sorry I dont understand this one.
    Silvio Zeppieri
    100 Corporate Drive

can i get a 3900 to do a review?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    can i get a 3900 to do a review?
    After they come out, sure!
    Silvio Zeppieri
    100 Corporate Drive

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Prior to Pioneer’s success, Denon dual decks was the Club standard, choice player for Mobile DJs worldwide throughout the 90’s. The difference is, Denon didn’t win everyone’s heart over by giving away free goods and heavy marketing. We just made rock solid intuitive products with world’s first features, great reliability at a fair market price, then and now.
    To be fair there was a lot less "reliable" competition on the dual deck DJ circuit back then, and as I mentioned in other posts I feel Denon really dropped the ball when CDJ's came out, there was just no product to compete in a market that longed for what pioneer provided, a CD player with the action of a turntable (well a big friggin wheel on top). If Denon at that point had released something before the MK2's and 500's arrived I firmly believe they would be the standard, the 2000F's were still installed in the majority of clubs.

The ironic thing is that many of the DJ's who have grown up with Pioneer don't understand the logic of a moving platter with vinyl on top.

Sorry if I was unclear, one of the real downers for me using CDJ's is apart from a pitch lock, is a transpose knob/dial/fader to allow you to match keys on the Deck itself rather than needing to scan libraries with the likes of mixed in key and pre-arrange sets based on harmonic values, I do this with ableton and when I was using traktor would use the transpose function to match key's by ear - it allows Increments of .01 of a Tone.

We know this for a fact because the man who built Pioneer DJ in the USA now works for Denon DJ / D&M Pro.
    And I hope he does a blistering job making Denon a new Club Standard, I always preferred the Denons to Pio's.

Wishing Denon the best of luck in toppling Pioneer..... finally

Tech Mentor

Does this give two deck support? By this I mean does one of the SC3900 control two decks along with a mixer(like the SC2000). I'm looking to use it in with a digital software like Virtual DJ. It would be amazing if the answer was yes.

P.S. I'm really liking the direct feedback you're giving here on DJTT. One of the great things about Denon!

Quote Originally Posted by DENON View Post
    Cybertrash, what drives demand in Clubs are DJs and marketing. Top DJs and inspiring DJs can be easily influenced by free gear or heavy marketing, Pioneer won the club scene by doing both. We know this for a fact because the man who built Pioneer DJ in the USA now works for Denon DJ / D&M Pro.
    And that's what I'm getting at. Compared to Pio, Denon does not have near the same amount of effort put into marketing. Take your youtube channels for example, Denondjtv has a total of 22 videos uploaded, and whilst you have some pretty cool stuff, like the routines by JFB, a lot of them are just fairly vauge overviews of different products. Pio on the other hand has 82 videos, and a lot more varied content, there's in-depth look at products, interviews, routines etc.

Not to mention that it's difficult to find reviews of your products, if I google the X-600, I get some press releases, a review from Juno (which is all and good) and a bunch of shaky Youtube videos.

I think Denon makes great products, real solid quality, but you need to get your face out there a bit more, finding reliable opinions on your products, or even in-depth information about them is difficult as it is now.
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast