KRK KNS-8400 $90 on Sale @ DJCity.com - FAKE HEADPHONES?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default KRK KNS-8400 $90 on Sale @ DJCity.com - FAKE HEADPHONES?

http://www.djcity.com/p-6304-krk-kns...eadphones.aspx

DJCity has these great KRK KNS-8400 studio monitor headphones on sale for $90 (normal price is $149 everywhere).
    However, I spoke to a seller of a KRK dealer store, and was told that these headphones are fakes from China, and that's why they have that price! He told me that it was impossible they were real, because $90 was cheaper than the wholesale price.

Could they really be fake? Fake KRK?! Anyone heard about this?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Moved to general discussion.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Retailers on occasion undersell if they can't shift certain products or to get some interest. I cant imagine a reputable company selling fakeys.

Also alot of companies get knockdown prices on certain pieces of kit as demo / promo to get them interested in selling them if they are not something they normally sell.

That's a nice looking pair of 'phones. If I spotted them in the UK for £60 I'd snap the sellers hands off...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Also the chinese fakes are generally limited to mainstream "big seller" headphones, Beats/Sony/Pioneer which the KRK's aren't.

I'd be really surprised if there is such a thing even.

That's the same I was thinking. Besides, I couldn't find anyone on the web complaining about their KRK being fake or getting a pair that sounded like crap. It was a very serious accusation what this dealer did. Wonder if it was just because they wouldn't be able to compete to that price.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Wonder if it was just because they wouldn't be able to compete to that price.
    I used to sell DJ gear and this was frequently the case with other dealers who couldn't match our price insisting for example that our Technics and Vestax were "refurbished"/Old models/only a Japanese warranty etc... Fact was we were ordering around 20-30 pairs at a time where they were doing 2-3.

Also I'd be surprised if they cost $90+ wholesale, margins are generally less tight than that if you are buying bulk, once you factor sales tax/shipping etc into it there's I find it hard to believe they are only making $25-30 a piece.

I'd honestly NEVER trust what one dealer has to say about another, especially one who is probably pissed that they are able to get better prices.

You'd be better off going straight to source, contact KRK and check that they are a registered dealer/provider etc and that everything is kosher if you are still concerned.

Well i will let yall know.. I just ordered me a set of the KRK's and a couple of records..
    I was already in the market for a new pair of cans so this came at the perfect time..
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

any final verdict on these? been looking at getting a set for a while now, cant decide if i should risk it or just pay the extra 60 for full price

I will let you guys know today. The package came in yesterday but I'm out of town until later tonight.. Will post review and pics when I get home.
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast