Pioneer DJM 850
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pioneer DJM 850

Tech Convert

Default Pioneer DJM 850

just received this in my mail

what do you think...

im looking very much forward to the price..

http://pioneerdj.com/index_f.html#/e...ts/djm850/more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=FrteMx4l-IQ#!

interesting. Traktor scratch certified. Whats the price point is the question....

So no 750, but an 850, 900 and 2000? 900 has what over this thing now? A touch strip and two more color effects?
    Last edited by guiltyblade; 02-23-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Well, if it's $ 1.999, you'd better take an Allen & Heath Xone mixer or go with the Pioneer DJM-900.

This thing doesn't even have a input matrix and knowing Pioneer, shitty FX... Only plus is the Traktor Scratch Certification. Best mixer for home use, R U kidding me?! Talking bout Overpriced...
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Looks pretty good, will wait till the price drops
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

from what I could tell from the youtube, those effects sound pretty decent, at least the ones he was using. But who knows. I don't understand why Pioneer needs another mixer in the same price range with pretty much the same features as the 900 -- why not firmware update the 900 with new effects or whatever? Seems like product overkill.

The scratch certification annoys me though. Why is it that this mixer in a market with a lot of products currently gets certified before it's even been announced and yet NI won't consider certifying the DB line. *sigh*
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

...or update the drivers of the DJM 2000 to support 4 input channels so I could make it TRAKTOR SCRATCH verified.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I was pretty much looking forward to what this was going to be over the 700/800 but to be honest this has dissapointed me and i am a big Pio fanboy.

It's basically just a revised version of the 800. As said before why is it in this price range? There is now a massive gap laying where people would have bought the 700.

I can't help but think they are just using the 800's popularity against the price.

Wow traktor scratch certification!

It's gonna get easier and easier to play out with traktor without carrying anything!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

MSRP 1999? Are they kidding themselves?

I mean…they're going to sell. You know all those "ooh shiny" comments people make about Apple? It's actually true about Pioneer. But, damn. Just makes me want something else even more.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast