Cue help

Thread: Cue help

Default Cue help

Hey guys,

I've been recording some mixs on my S4 using Traktor Pro 2 (for promotional purposes) and my Sony MDR V-700's (no speakers), but i've hit a snag that i just can't explain.
    So whenever i decide to hit CUE to mix in the next track it works perfectly fine, i can hear the track in my headphones as well as the new track im bringing in.
    However, upon playback, i can hear both my existing track and the track im cueing up. So in the mix im getting a bad overlap.
    Does anybody know what im doing wrong? do i need speakers for outgoing audio so that my headphones will work properly.
    Help is MUCH MUCH appreciated
    Cheers Guys!

Tech Wizard

'Do i need speakers for outgoing audio so that my headphones will work properly.'

Yes

^this
    Plug into a stereo, or an adaptor and computer speakers if you don't want to buy speakers, but I (and many others) will recommend a studio monitor or other speaker equivalent.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I agree with dripstep. Just get yourself some pc speakers ( you can get decent 2.1 for around 25 dollars, and later when your budget permits you can get some good monitor speakers). Don't forget to get a 3.5 stereo jack to 2 mono jack or RCA adaptor to connect the speakers to your S4.
    www.mixcloud.com/soundthriller
    http://djpod.com/soundthriller
    Dell Studio XPS 1340 core2duo P9600//Vestax VCI-400//Novation Nocturn//Novation Launchpad//Traktor Pro 2.6.1//Ableton Live 8.2.2

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It sounds like your audio routing in Traktor is messed up.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Like i can record a mix no problem, its just i can hear audio from deck #2 for example that is supposed to be being 'cued up' as well as deck #1. Just frustrating because i cannot put together a decent mix because i keep hearing what ever track is being 'cued up' in the middle of the current track.

Without external speakers you would have to set it up as main output -> Monitor L and cue output -> Monitor R. This will set you up with your mix playing in your left ear and cued tracks playing in your right when you have cue set for a track. This is obviously not ideal, but if you're stuck using only headphones it's pretty much the best you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Without external speakers you would have to set it up as main output -> Monitor L and cue output -> Monitor R. This will set you up with your mix playing in your left ear and cued tracks playing in your right when you have cue set for a track. This is obviously not ideal, but if you're stuck using only headphones it's pretty much the best you can do.
    How do i go about actually doing that in the traktor preferences? Thanks!

Surely that's just because you have your cue mix knob in the middle so you can hear all cued tracks?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

post a screen shot of your audio routing settings in preferences.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x