Book: 'Last night a DJ saved my life'

Default Book: 'Last night a DJ saved my life'

Still getting through this from Christmas day. In my opinion essential reading for every forum member here. Exhaustive and informative .

Last Night a DJ Saved My Life: 100 Years of the Disc Jockey: Amazon.co.uk: Frank Broughton, Bill Brewster: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51q9nnS6fML.@@AMEPARAM@@51q9nnS6fML

I spent a week with Bill in Mexico 2000 with dubtribe sound system. Really nice guy and a great book.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I spent a week with Bill in Mexico 2000 with dubtribe sound system. Really nice guy and a great book.
    That's pretty cool!
    The book's a fascinating read. Found the pre-history of modern DJ'ing especially riveting. E.g the Parisian nightlife during world war 2. Also the chapter dedicated to the history of Northern Soul.

I was reading the chapter's dedicated to Disco and the beginnings of House music and found this 9 part movie on Youtube which interview's most of the player's involved:

http://youtu.be/cWpAYtmsqqM

pretty good accompaniment to the book.

Yeah that's a GREAT view. Really fun watch for sure.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

"Last night a DJ saved my life" I worked my way through it a few year ago while i was on holiday in Spain and it was a brilliant book for learning about how things have came about etc.

Tech Mentor

+1 essential reading for all DJs

Also the chapter dedicated to the history of Northern Soul.
    If you liked that you might also find this interesting. It's an amazingly thorough and in-depth book:
    From Jazz Funk & Fusion to Acid Jazz: The History of the UK Jazz Dance Scene - by Mark 'Snowboy' Cotgrove
    http://www.flyglobalmusic.com/fly/ar...n_to_acid.html