Possible soundcard?????

Default Possible soundcard?????

I've been thinking about getting one of these as a cheap sound card solution?

I don't really need audio inputs live, and i have a good recording interface at my home studio. But, i need high quality outputs for my live sets. It only has 2 rca outs, but i have switched to ableton so thats all i really need right now. And cueing is not needed, as i meticulously work on all my samples and every aspect of my live set, i have every sound memorized.

It's only $60 on newegg, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102020 , and i was wanting to get some other opinions. Do you think the sound quality will be good enough to play out?
    Would this be worth the chance since it's so cheap anyway?

Tech Wizard djcelebrityt@hotmail.com's Avatar

should work fine but best to check if output good enough for a large rigg some small sound card get feed back

Just noticed these...

http://www.vestax.com/v/info/newsevent/detail.php?id=50

and

http://ci.vestax.com/en/products/vai40_01.html

and this coming soon...

http://ci.vestax.com/en/products/tub2_01.html

Too much new gear this year. I have no idea what to do. I had a plan of my next 4 or 5 purchases, but this is all screwed up now.
    Last edited by Str8upDrew; 04-21-2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: added pic

Tech Wizard djcelebrityt@hotmail.com's Avatar

so there you go bro good stuff best to invest in a good sound card

All of the vestax ones are surprisingly cheap, with what i can find so far. Now i just got to decide and wait for them to be released. I might still get the creative, just to toy around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    All of the vestax ones are surprisingly cheap, with what i can find so far. Now i just got to decide and wait for them to be released. I might still get the creative, just to toy around with.
    i still would test it before pusrchase.. you need to know if it is LOUD enough.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The thing is that the audio card is probably going to be the most important part of what makes you not sound like shit to the crowd.

I'd be really careful in investing in cheap output gear. There are so many factors in how it can go terribly wrong for you that I'd really look into spending at least $150 on something. Doesn't need to be an Audio8DJ or anything, but something better than a Creative Labs consumer end soundcard.

Also, keep in mind there is a big difference between an Audio Interface and a soundcard. I'd just be careful with what I'm pluggin my speakers into
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah. I think i'll be getting the Vestax "Tank" VAI-80. I just gotta wait for the release.