What on earth should i do !!!!!! - Page 4

View Poll Results: What do i get as a spare ????

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • audio 4 / 6 that will get minimal use

0 0%
  • numark mixtrack on the cheap

2 18.18%
  • something else ...... but what ? old vci maybe ?

9 81.82%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Honestly, throwing tracks on a USB stick with rekordbox and playing with them is dead simple and reliable. Thats what my Traktor failure backup is. If it makes you more comfortable, throw a 30 minute mix on as your first track on the USB, while that plays, get comfortable with track navigation on the other CDJ using cueing in your headphones and mix out of the mix when ready.
    Last edited by DJ SB; 02-24-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    Honestly throwing tracks on a USB stick with rekordbox and playing with them is dead simple and reliable. Thats what my Traktor failure backup is. If it makes you more comfortable, throw a 30 minute mix on as your first track on the USB, while that plays, get comfortable with track navigation on the other CDJ using cue with your headphones and mix out of the mix when ready.
    Heading over to pioneers website to download it now give it a try cant hurt its free, ill just have a play with it before i go on next Friday.

dno if anyones interested but this was taken at the club on launch night : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjAmZ...eature=related

(my weird look at me david guetta esk gesture was only 80% ironic embarrassingly)
    http://soundcloud.com/formido/
    http://www.beatport.com/artist/formido/291967
    Macbook pro 13" 2010 , Traktor Scratch Pro 2 ,Audio 8, Kontrol X1, CDJ 800's, Arcade Mod Technics 1200, Ecler nuo 5 mixer, Kaoss pad

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I'd say try and speak to the club manager and get in the club during the day
    It doesn't hurt to ask...they might like your propensity and go-getter attitude.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djaerodynamite View Post
    haha i know , of all the typos to make.

I think im masking just wanting something new to play with paranoia about equipment failure reli. I just cant get my head around using a controller without jog wheels ! else id just use my x1 .
    hahaha it's all good.

I'm the same way. I need platters. If you want a new kit to bedroom mix and have as a backup I'd say get an S2.

But how can we help you get over your fear, man?? It's DUBSTEP! All those tracks are +/- 2 BPM @ 140!! You should try CDJs. Not only will you get the hang of it in minutes, you might even prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    hahaha it's all good.

I'm the same way. I need platters. If you want a new kit to bedroom mix and have as a backup I'd say get an S2.

But how can we help you get over your fear, man?? It's DUBSTEP! All those tracks are +/- 2 BPM @ 140!! You should try CDJs. Not only will you get the hang of it in minutes, you might even prefer it.
    Haha ..... my favourite thing about dubstep the tempo, i can use cds , but playing 5 hours a week trying to play varied sets the ammout of disks id have to burn would be ridiculous, i do vary the tempo up to dnb towards the end of the night via drum step and down to hiphop early on, think id struggle to be quite as tight on the massive tempo changes , like dropping a 175 bpm acapella ova dub step then speeding back up , i prefer vinyl to cds to be honest only ever moved to control cds cause it was anoying turning up to clubs that didn't have the technics out or reli badly maintained ones

think my gf would shoot me in the leg if i shelled out more £ for an s2 maybe i need to sell some old kit........ we will see
    Macbook pro 13" 2010 , Traktor Scratch Pro 2 ,Audio 8, Kontrol X1, CDJ 800's, Arcade Mod Technics 1200, Ecler nuo 5 mixer, Kaoss pad

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    It doesn't hurt to ask...they might like your propensity and go-getter attitude.
    the word propensity isn't used enough these days !

Dude lol they have 2000s? Just bring a thumb drive with all your tracks loaded up and analyzed with Rekord box. Done. Pretty damn easy. Plus they have 2000's you can technically set up you traktor to read both as HID aggregate the soundcards and ditch the audio 8 all together. Then that is your back up.

All the other options involve carrying too much stuff and setting up too much. 2000's = thumb drives. Something fails it takes 2 seconds for it play off a thumb drive.

Tech Wizard

Having a complete backup rig is a good thing, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Keep your two rigs in sync and flip flop between them, using A rig one night and B rig the next. And practice swapping them over in the middle of a night even if you don't need to.

Remember if you have a proper backup you will probably never need it but don't let that make you think you've wasted money!

All the other things like having CDs and ipods and usb sticks spare is easy and you should do anyway!

Tech Wizard

i let the venue worry about that, it's rare enough not to buy extra gear to worry about that. but an x1 or maschine, or ipod is good. Traktor s2s are also nice. I wouldn't worry at all about your gear failing though. I have an s4 as a backup but never take it to my residency. If something were to go wrong they would just put on the house mixer and music within seconds.

Tech Guru

i would say burn a case of cds dont even need that many if you burn them as mp3 cds (fits around 40 tracks)

buy another audio 8...can get one used at guitar center online for like 200
    if your into producing you can use it at home during the week and when you play out take it with you
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast