DJTT First Post, "A Dj's Nightmare"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJTT First Post, "A Dj's Nightmare"

Firstly, thanks to everyone who makes this forum so great, I have been lurking for some time now, and the amount of information on here is astounding.

I recently started an entertainment company to service house parties and the like. We try to recreate the Barstool Sports Blackout Tour vibe wherever we go, blacklights, laser, house, the works. We got booked for a gig tonight and the host posted the following on the event info on facebook

"We also rented few new laser machines and a fog machine and we are hiring a DJ who will take request from yall bitches that are like "Ohh my godd play this songgg!!!"

I mean what person in their right mind says that. He should have just said "I hired a jukebox". Tonight is definitely going to be interesting.

Tech Mentor

lol. Interesting first post. Best of luck to you! It's a house party... it will be fun.

Gotta play if you got paid.

Tech Guru

You better be ready to play requests...house parties are a blast.

Yeah you gotta do what the boss man tells ya.

Interestingly enough there were some people who commented "You hired a DJ who takes requests? No respect for that DJ!" I responded with "Host gets what the hosts pays for, fortunately I don't make a habit of keeping shit tracks in my collection, and if its not in my collection, I can't play it "
    Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2, VMS4.1, Akai LPD8, Numark Omni Control, Hercules MK4, Ikea Controller Stand
    Th3-Paint-House Soundcloud
    Like Th3-Paint-House on facebook

Tech Mentor

I always say "oooh dang I already played that song!! dang....."

Tech Guru

Sounds like you gotta earn their respect! Hope you kill it. Hope you kill some box too. Good luck, you'll be fine.

Tech Wizard

let us know how it went

Tech Mentor

Use it as an opportunity to hit on some ladies. "wait, why do you want that song?" "you and I need to change the energy in here" "how bout this song..(insert here) and let her listen to your headphones (she'll feel special)"
    remember... overall... you ARE the dj. You are in control
    That means you got social value.
    Girls chase social status like guys chase pussy...
    Last edited by pbcrazy9898; 02-25-2012 at 03:43 AM.

PBcrazy hit the nail on the head. I was using that headphone trick all night. "Oh you wanna hear dance dance ass ass? Think it would fit perfectly with this track im playing? No this isn't skrillex, its Axwell- Resurrection... Why don't you check out what your asking me to play and tell me how you think it would affect the mood of this dancefloor"

Overall it was a great night though. Like you said, plenty of girls parading to the booth, and the host told me regardless of the facebook comment, I was welcome to reject any shit requests. The purists in the crowd were loving it once I dropped into my groove.

Oddly enough though, I ended up having to use reggaeton to get the floor started, than used blasterjaxx danza kuduro remix to transition into house. Went smooth from there on out.

Favorite part of the experience? Waking up this morning next to this chick in her dorm, we start pillow chatting. She keeps telling me I shoulda played all these hip hop songs etc, and then goes "well fine, sorry you were playing dubstep all night, my bad." To which I replied, "when the fuckkk did you hear me drop dubstep last night...." "You definitely played David Guetta!"
    Literally laughed my way right out the door. Priceless moments.
    Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2, VMS4.1, Akai LPD8, Numark Omni Control, Hercules MK4, Ikea Controller Stand
    Th3-Paint-House Soundcloud
    Like Th3-Paint-House on facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast