Songs for mix without clear intro/outro spots
    Tech Wizard

Default Songs for mix without clear intro/outro spots

Probably a noob question, but if a song doesn't have a standard low point for an intro or outro loop for blending purposes, or even a low point at all (probably also not legit terms), what do you guys do to include such in your mixes? Techniques etc. I am not sure what to do to transition into and out of these type of songs. Maybe some type of echo? I am willing to do the research and experiment, I'm just not sure what I should really be attempting.
    Last edited by WilmDJ; 02-24-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Tech Wizard

Well you can cut the low freqs on track A and the highs on track B and swap basslines, slowly bleeding the new track out into the old. Or you can cut and move your line fader back and forth the tease the listener and show the beginning of a new track. I would youtube it and see what you come up with.

also throwing an iceverb on the old track will usually do the trick. or a filter. just get creative!
    Dell Inspiron 15r | i5 | 8gb
    Traktor 2 Pro | Mixtrack Pro | X1 |
    FL 10 | Massive | Reaktor 5 | LPK25
    MixCloud | OneSheet

Tech Mentor

Typically there is at least a beat or two without lyrics. You can set a loop and bring it in. With songs like this, I typically use a lot of filter + cue point juggling, and if I bring my turntables, I'll do some light scratching.

If I'm not getting anything I like, I'll just do a needle drop

Tech Mentor

you can just fade it up while fading out the other, if the other has an outro u can let the beat ride or loop it and bring down the low freq, while fading it out..or just echo out...just experiment

Tech Mentor

Check out EanGolden's youtube channel, he has videos about transitions, timing, techniques, etc. Sure helped me.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the help guys!

I find the loops to be your best friend. Just use the biggest size loop you can with a cue point to where you want to jump to once you're done blending and you're all set. You now have all the time in the world to blend the songs together.