Movies/Documentaries about DJ'ing/Electronic Music
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Movies/Documentaries about DJ'ing/Electronic Music

Hi everybody. I was wondering if any of you have any good suggestions for movies or documentaries about electronic music genres, or DJ'ing in general? It could be a fictional movie about a DJ or something, or a sort of video guide, or anything really I find it hard to find useful/exciting movies myself

So far i got:

• Dubfiles (Documentary about dubstep)
    • One Perfect Day (An australian movie about a composer)
    • Put The Needle On The Record (A documentary about electronic music and the rise of the DJ'ing in pop culture)
    • Scratch (A documentary about Hip Hop and scratching)

massive thread on this somewhere on the forums. google djtechtools documentaries, Im sure you'll find it
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Mentor

Tiesto - Another Day at the Office
    The Freshest Kids...focuses mostly on the birth of break dancing, but talks some about the beginning of hip hop.

Tech Wizard

It's all gone Pete Tong

Tiesto has his mini documentaries on you tube and at the moment there is a 'Stafford Brothers' thing going on (in Sydney at least on TV) Pretty sweet
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

There's been about 5 threads on this topic. Search is yo friend.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    massive thread on this somewhere on the forums. google djtechtools documentaries, Im sure you'll find it
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    There's been about 5 threads on this topic. Search is yo friend.
    I have already searched the forum, and read some threads about movies and such, but there are many dead links, and stuff that mainly focuses on vinyl, so I just wanted to see if there was any new movies or series or something

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lukas1 View Post
    Tiesto - Another Day at the Office
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    Tiesto has his mini documentaries on you tube and at the moment there is a 'Stafford Brothers' thing going on (in Sydney at least on TV) Pretty sweet
    Are those Tiesto documentaries you're talking about the same? If else, could you give me a link to those mini docs sparkbro?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Aaron View Post
    It's all gone Pete Tong
    I going to watch that tonight! I finally found a movie store today that had it

I watched the David Guetta documentary last night "Nothing But the Beat". Was not impressed at all :-/

It's All Gone Pete Tong is amazing btw!

Also coming up is the Ultra Music Festival movie "Can You Feel It" that will be playing for one night only across the US in theaters on March 22nd:

http://www.fathomevents.com/concerts...px?d=3/22/2012

Berlin Calling
    it's about a drug addled DJ, but stars actual producer/DJ Paul Kalkbrenner in that role, so it's very accurate musically.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast