Grrrrrr.....RAWR

Default Grrrrrr.....RAWR

Been analog DJing for a little bit, trying to use just my Macbook Pro and Traktor Pro 2 now.

Basically, is there an easy way to setup Traktor for headphone monitoring/prelistening?

I have the following.

- Macbook Pro
    - Traktor Pro 2
    - Virtual 7.1ch Sound Card http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...-Chipset-.html

How do I go about this?

Thanks for the assistance!

Well i'm not sure if theres a different way of doing this on a mac, but on my windows 7 machine i would install ASIO4ALL, open traktor, then open asio4all, set both the laptop soundcard and the usb soundcard and then in traktor use one as master out and the other for cueing.

But thats probably different for a MBP.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Go into

Applications>Utilities

• Look for Audio Midi Setup
    • In the left side you should see your soundcard(s)
    • Click the + down the bottom
    • To the left you should have the option of Built in output and something like USB Audio, these will have checkboxes beside them.
    • Basically you want checkboxes on the Built in output and USB output.
    • Once u are done, double click the name on the left (default is Aggregate Device) rename it as u like.
    • Open traktor and in your output preferences select your sound card as .. whatever you called it, and you should be able to select 2 of the outs as cue and 2 as master.

Done

BTW I would NOT recommend using that lil card for anything other than minimal home use they sound pretty shit, so only use it for headphones and your Macbook outputs as ur master .. not much better but a lil less noisy.

I have one permanently in my bag as a "just in case"

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Go into

Applications>Utilities

• Look for Audio Midi Setup
    • In the left side you should see your soundcard(s)
    • Click the + down the bottom
    • To the left you should have the option of Built in output and something like USB Audio, these will have checkboxes beside them.
    • Basically you want checkboxes on the Built in output and USB output.
    • Once u are done, double click the name on the left (default is Aggregate Device) rename it as u like.
    • Open traktor and in your output preferences select your sound card as .. whatever you called it, and you should be able to select 2 of the outs as cue and 2 as master.

Done

BTW I would NOT recommend using that lil card for anything other than minimal home use they sound pretty shit, so only use it for headphones and your Macbook outputs as ur master .. not much better but a lil less noisy.

I have one permanently in my bag as a "just in case"
    Thanks Deevey for the in-depth solution
    Followed your directions to the T, only problem was that when I selected my custom-made soundcard setup, the whole thing crashed haha. So I'm guessing I should probably just stay away from that lil soundcard.

So you know, Deevey's post is a bit of a workaround. You really want a soundcard with a minimum of two stereo outputs (4 mono outputs) in order to use Traktor decently. The minimum I'd recommend if you're not just messing around would be a Traktor Audio 2 by Native Instruments. It's about $100 for a solid soundcard with the ability to run into your mixer (you said you were an analog DJ) if you want to. That way you don't have to buy a separate controller to mix. Otherwise you could get an S2 (one of the best entry-level DJ controllers out there right now) though that might be a bit of a waste since it sounds like you already bought Traktor.