Music on the go.
    Tech Guru

Default Music on the go.

How many people here listen to the majority of their music whilst travelling?

Do you listen on your phone, and what systems do you have for building ideas, organising playlists, noting down ideas, for dj sets?

I always put new music on my phone (galaxy s2) as i travel a lot, the majority of my set ideas etc. come to me on the move, i have a pretty complex system using songbird playlists, and trying to jot memos in a separate app...but its a pain to reference when im home infront of my setup.
    Would anybody be interested in a music player (like songbird or winamp) but featuring id3 read/write specifically for key/bpm fields and an intuitive drag + drop system for playlists/genre tagging, with other tools as well (ie. bpm tap) ?

Would be android ofcourse (since Apple forbid other media players for ios).

I have many ideas for this already, i would buy it, but i'm unsure if others would.

Tech Mentor

Would definitely buy too! I'm yet to find an app that does proper playlists management on the go, so I basically only listen to new music on my phone and do the organizing afterwards on computer, but it's far from ideal.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Eh. I use iTunes on the phone, on the computer, and with Serato. Works pretty well for what I've wanted out of it. I can imagine if you want more advanced stuff all in one place, there might be better options. But that's why I have a notebook.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Evernote is a handy note taking app that lets you sync your notes between your computer and phone...well, whatever you have with Evernote installed on it.

I have it installed on my iphone, ipad, work computer, and macbook pro. It's nice for work when I'm in a meeting and taking notes on my ipad and then can reference them later on my work laptop, but it works well with notes about music to play as well.
    nope.

Tech Guru

Yeah i also use Evernote, good app.

But wouldn't it be useful to have notes within your media player (assigned to one or multiple songs) as well as being able to find the key + bpm while on the move?

Would save a lot of time at home bpming/keying songs.

Oh yeah, I agree totally!

Something could be possible for the iPhone, but it would most likely need to be through Cydia on a jailbroken phone.
    nope.