New to Djing- S2 mix... DnB, Electro House, Dusbtep

Default New to Djing- S2 mix... DnB, Electro House, Dusbtep

Just got my S2 last night and did a quick mini mix...

Would be so appreciative if you could give me a listen and let me know what you think + feedback in which to improve...

thanks in advance

Not at all bad, but you do need to be a little more careful with which melodies you choose to lay over each other. At 3.20ish and around 11.20 while the structuring is good, you should not have overlaid the mids from the 2 tracks since they're off key. Maybe think about giving harmonic mixing a go. Also around 3.30 there's a bit too much going on, it just sounds overly busy. A bit of low pass filter on the skrillex track might have done the trick (but they were still off key).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Yeah, completely get what you mean... Thanks for the input, will definitely try to implement that for the future!

search the DJTT blog and the digitaldjtips.com blog for guides on harmonic mixing.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Just doing that now, Mixed in key seems like it could be a good investment!?

I've found it very useful.