Tone-Arm Height? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    When i got home yesterday I put the height to 2 and put the weight almost all the way down and everything was working fine, thanks for all the advice
    that sounds a bit extreme mate... try backing off on the weight.. not only will you burn your vinyl, but also wear the shite outta your styli

I bought my technics used...one tone arm height is at roughly 2.5, the other is around 2. For the life of me, I can't get them to move up or down. I undo the lock and twist/turn like no other but nothing. Could there be an issue where they seized up or something or am I doing something completely wrong?

It looks really easy in the below video, but mine don't turn at all like that. Any advice on getting it to work?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvBEN...ayer_embedded#!
    nope.

i have had problems with various 1200's locking up due to dust, grime, and other not so nice things gumming up the tone arm height adjustment. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO USE ANY TYPE OF LUBRICANT. remove the entire tone arm assembly and clean carefully by hand. rubbing alcohol is a 1200's best friend as it leave no residue and works as a great de-greaser. once its free you should be ok

when I back off the weight the needle tends to move and I dont get a good feedback on the scope, like the circle is a dotted circle instead of complete. And the needle when it gets about half way it will start sliding back alittle causing a kinda glitched loop deal. ill make a video later and post it, it's hard for me to explain

sounds like I'll be pulling things apart and cleaning the hell out of everything.
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    I bought my technics used...one tone arm height is at roughly 2.5, the other is around 2. For the life of me, I can't get them to move up or down. I undo the lock and twist/turn like no other but nothing. Could there be an issue where they seized up or something or am I doing something completely wrong?

It looks really easy in the below video, but mine don't turn at all like that. Any advice on getting it to work?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvBEN...ayer_embedded#!
    Almost similar to my situation. so i've disassembled the whole thing & tried to twist the Lock knob free with a plier, it was stuck beyond hand intervention! Luckily it all went good & i managed to raise/lower the height adjust with ease. no lubrication needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12