Traktor Scratch duo vs Torq?
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Scratch duo vs Torq?

hey guys,

Just wondering what are your thoughts on these 2 products? Which one YOU think is better/prefer and why. Pros and Cons on each product would be lovely =). Reason why I'm asking is because I might get one of these 2 DVS's soon! Thanks in advance!

i cant believe there isnt more on this website about this software. i'd like to hear some feedback on how well it works.

Tech Wizard

In my experience, Torq's tempo-shifting algorithm sucks. I mean, you can use it, but to my ears it sounds really terrible at any decent shift. It definitely has a lot of cool features, so if you can deal with the quality it might be good, but that's what I know.

EDIT: I guess I should note that I've only used the version that comes with the X-Session Pro, so maybe they just save the real stuff for the people willing to shell out the cash for a full setup. Maybe someone who's used the real deal can enlighten us?

Tech Wizard

from version 1.5 on torq uses elastique time stretching algorithm as everybody else does. so the pitching sound quality should be ok.

i been using it for about 2 years now, the biggest down on torq imo is the browser which is pretty much useless. itunes playlists, playlists in general, sorting, searching. all really painful.

other than that it does its job and is quite stable & reliable.

another plus: vst effects for each channel.

i prefer traktor though. just feels better.

Tech Guru

i haven't heard any 100% positive reviews about Torq yet. sounds like there are a number of issues with Torq that are absent in the more stable programs like Traktor3/Traktor Scratch and SeratoLive.

I'd recommend Traktor3/Traktor Scratch. Sounds great, tons of excellent features, Rock solid stability. It has never fucked me over at a gig, even when i was running it on an old+sketchy computer. Can't say enough positive things about Traktor3, it rocks.