Xone DB2 vs 4D - odd choice, help needed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

also, there really is no way to add DB-style effects to a 4D setup is there? any external effects processor out there that can do this? thanks.

Hissing and clicking noises when it's Powered On or when you activate the filter or something? I know for some 92's that they click when you activate the filter.

Adding DB style effects to a 4D setup is possible, you can either purchase an external FX unit (like Korg Kaoss Pad) or route it to Traktor for FX or Ableton or something like that and then use the FX 1 or FX 2 above each channel to determine the Dry/Wet for each channel. So basically, it's more extensive than a DB2 minus the DB series FX.

Also, you should take in consideration the Filters, that's one of the things holding me back for purchasing a DB2.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

there is a constant hiss once its powered on. and there are clicks and pops when the filter on the right is used, and when the headphone volume is raised even a little above 0. and also when the cue buttons are activated...

the effects on traktor, as i have discovered in the last 3 weeks, are worthless compared to those on the DB2. perhaps ableton is better but i havent tested them out much. im actually leaning towards the 4D because i also plan to start using ableton a lot more for clips, etc.

yup the filters are truly awesome.

Well, I'm sure that it depends on your borrowed Xone:4D. Like you said, it's pretty battered. When this baby is new, I'm sure you won't regret it. A&H equals quality!

Can't argue with you on the Traktor FX compared to the DB-series FX. I've tested them myself and they really sound powerful, and much more powerful once you've mastered them. But I mostly use Delay and Reverb, so all that other stuff is a very nice gimmick, but not necessary.

So you can choose the DB2 with the lack of filters or go something that I'm going to do. I'm going for the Xone 92 with an external soundcard (and this is also one for production, so no Traktor Audio soundcard, maybe a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40) and then adding a Delay engine, the Boss DD-7. With the 4D and DB2 you can choose for each channel how much feedback you want from the delay and it just sounds so g*ddamn sweet! Plus you can it to Ableton's FX for even greater purposes.

But then again, the DB2 and DB4 are the most powerful all-in-one solutions. But the FX don't have some kind of Tape Delay, which I very like...
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

it is because it is damaged.

Tech Convert

can the 4D be connected to control traktor and ableton at the same time?

Tech Mentor

yes

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ananth View Post
    yea it sucks that there isnt an A&H analog mixer with an integrated soundcard.
    Huh? The 4D is an analog mixer with an integrated sound card.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12