Numark 4TRAK vs. NS6
    Tech Student

Default Numark 4TRAK vs. NS6

I'm looking to get a new controller and am tossed between these two. But if I'm not mistaken aren't they both basically the same thing besides the NS6 runs Serato Itch and the 4TRAK runs Traktor? Is one better then the other? And also does the 4TRAK come with Traktor or do you have to purchase it separately?

serato itch's only purpose when the ns6 was introduced was a cdj and mixer replacement/alternative, So if you just want to play tunes that's the way to go until reports start flowing about the jog intigration with traktor... If you want to use/destroy tracks with effects the 4trak is the way to go. but maybe think of it in terms of music genre....

4trak = dubstep, techno, figdet, minimal, psytrance
    ns6 = dnb, electro. house, breaks, tech house, trance, hip hop/rnb
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJZOOTED View Post
    I'm looking to get a new controller and am tossed between these two. But if I'm not mistaken aren't they both basically the same thing besides the NS6 runs Serato Itch and the 4TRAK runs Traktor? Is one better then the other? And also does the 4TRAK come with Traktor or do you have to purchase it separately?
    Yeah the 4TRAK comes with a lighter version of TRAKTOR. (4TRAK Edition). As I have understood it is a version with fewer options (probably less FX) then the Traktor 2.

On the surface of the unit there are some changes - some button that were used in itch (for FX in itch) are now "assignable" button that you can use for whatever you want. They have added the FX console on top of the 4TRAK that controls filters and FX, so the assignable knobs are available for other stuff. (I think I will use them for FX 3 and 4 in the TRAKTOR 2 software).

This review I posted will give you an overview of the unit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb4uS7htNY

Tech Student

Default numark ns6 and numark 4TRAK

hi i need help betwwen these two decks which one is better for rap when did they both come out and how much are they both. Also so which one would u advise for a more advance dj ? kind regards max

For pricing I advise you look here http://google.com then come back and see if you can get a nice used one.

My buddy uses his NS6 well and works great for rap

Tech Convert

use the 4trak that has traktor included
    Traktor Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter 3D, Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) 2.6 gHz i7, 16GB RAM, KRK Rokit G5, Ikea custom desk, running FL Studio on Bootcamp