numark ttx's.... what do y'all think

Default numark ttx's.... what do y'all think

i have a set of vestax pdx-2000 mk1's, but just scored a set of numark ttx's for £160. what do you guys think, and which set do you think i should keep?

I don't have any experience with the pdx-s at all, but i spin on a pair of ttx-1s. First of, GREAT deal! I bought my pair for 300 quid-ish (estimated from swedish krona) and i thought I made a bargain :P

Second of, the only thing i have to complain about is the tone arm system. It feels a little bit cheap and the anti-skate calibration seemes to be there amost only for show ^^. Almost nothing happens when i turn it. Might be my pair thats a bit knackerd, but i'm not sure. Other than that i absolutley love them! Massive torque, customizable buttons/fader, digital audio-processor, the lot is amazing!

Worth mentioning is also the fact that on the TTX-1s they did not put in a decent enough heat sink. They can apparantly overheat quite easily, allthough this has not happend to me yet. On the newer model (ttx-USB i think) they“ve improved the cooling a lot i think.

So just play with both pairs for a while and see what you feel is best for you

Tech Mentor

I got a pair of TTX (not usb) and they're great, you can check the review on djwirx.com even though he tested the USB version the motor is the same as far as I know.

I think the overheating problem was on the TTX-1 and even then the part you had to replace is very cheap
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro