Picking a dj name.
    Tech Convert

Default Picking a dj name.

I'd like to take the name Kenny B. for my dj name. Problem being, ive found a couple other ones floating around the world. Not an issue now, or maybe even in the future. My first name is kenneth, and my last name starts with a b, is misspronounced about 99% of the time (two people have gotten it right in 28 years).

So my question is, and this may sound silly. Can anything be done legally about me using this name?

Unless there is another Kenny B who is a famous record producer and you become a world famous producer under that name I wouldn't worry about it.

Since the odds of that scenario ever playing out and then hypothetical world famous other kenny b suing future famous producer you is very slim I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I just go by my last name, which is Funke. Nero ads the (UK) part to their name to differentiate by region.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Kenny G Spot
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

KennyBeeee!
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Kenny G Spot
    and only play smooth Jazz house with lots of saxophone solos. Business cards could read "DJ Kenny G Spot at your cervix."
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

^gold
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

lol
    ---
    @OP - if you get into the situation where you're forced to change your name from Kenny B because your burgeoning reputation is impinging on somebody elses fame, then you have my cogratulations in advance
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud