Fishy?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishy?!

Tech Wizard

Default Fishy?!

Hey guys,
    sooooo, i found a deal on craigslist where this guy "claims" that he can get ableton 8 and komplete 7 installed on my computer for mega cheap. obviously, this is not a legit copy.... thoughts on this?

yea yea yea, i know that pirated software n shit like that is bad, BUT! what im curious about is how is this possible?!

what is to stop an individual that has bought a legit copy and then make a bunch of illegal copies and sell them? or if he uses a CD-Key generator, this obviously dosent work with updates...

comments?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gre3nergy View Post
    Hey guys,
    sooooo, i found a deal on craigslist where this guy "claims" that he can get ableton 8 and komplete 7 installed on my computer for mega cheap. obviously, this is not a legit copy.... thoughts on this?

yea yea yea, i know that pirated software n shit like that is bad, BUT! what im curious about is how is this possible?!

what is to stop an individual that has bought a legit copy and then make a bunch of illegal copies and sell them? or if he uses a CD-Key generator, this obviously dosent work with updates...

comments?
    He can most def go to jail or be fined for selling something like that so blatantly. Its not really a smart idea.
    15 inch macbook pro - Traktor Kontrol S2 - Stanton T-60's - Traktor Audio 10
    I'm Dj Kave Check me out : )
    Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/djkave
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/djkavex Fan Page : )

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Thread closing in 3-2-1 ..?

Nothing stopping him from burning copies, this isn't the issue though as you can download the Trials for free and register them with a purchased key.

if he is openly providing CD installers + Cracked Keys etc.. and caught, at the very least all his computer gear (and probably other electronics as well) will be most likely confiscated, at worst he'll do jail time and get a hefty fine.

A friend of mine many many years ago was selling Playstations with 5 "burned" games for really low prices coming up to Xmas - He was doing fine until one of the units didn't work on christmas day and the parents reported him to the police - yes he was doing the burning and the police too everything that had a cable running into it.

He wasn't charged, but never got his computer gear back either and certainly didn't want to go asking for fear that they had just "forgotten" to book him.

Oh and if you buy from him you could in theory be charged with something if he is caught and hands over a customer list (what I don't know).

obviously, this is not a legit copy.... thoughts on this?
    It's not a legit copy. Don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gre3nergy
    You answered this in your own question quoted below

Quote Originally Posted by Gre3nergy

comments?
    The law is there to prevent people from doing this. Cracked copies in 99/100 cases can't be updated.

Don't waste your time or your money.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Cracked software is so buggy anyways. Save up and buy legit, you will be happy you did when your software doesn't crash every 20 minutes.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

If you don't know about cracked software and how to run it on your computer you should stay away frm it as you're likely getting yourself into bigger issues than just a stolen software issue.
    nope.

Hey guys,
    I always wondered if there were people who actually respond to and pay the people who post this shit on craigslist.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 03-05-2012 at 09:02 PM.

save money and do it yourself if your going to do it through pirate....

Buying pirated software is a terrible idea.

Honestly, pirating things...music, movies, software...bad, m'kay.

Paying someone for pirated merchandise makes it 1000x worst in my opinion. They didn't pay for it and now they're charging you for it, that's BS!
    nope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast