Traktors "Bridge" w/Ableton Live & DJM-T1
    Tech Student

Default Traktors "Bridge" w/Ableton Live & DJM-T1

SO, Pioneer's Traktor dedicated mixer (The DJM-T1) is fantastic - it sports the internal soundcard, sample/cue points, FX control as well as being nearly 100% midi - basically Traktors version of a ttm57sl. So my inquiry is, how does it fair out with Ableton, and is it possible to map the DJM-T1's faders (mainly the crossfader) into ableton for automation? If that is something you can do in ableton, then essential "The Mixtape" or "The Bridge" for Traktor is already doable with JackAudio & the DJM-T1.

I have Ableton, but my mixer is the ttm56s, so no midi to test it with - any Ableton & Midi Guru's out there that can answer "Can you use the midi crossfader functions in the DJM-T1, to automate in ableton as to record mixtapes/sets like the Serato Bridge"?

Tech Mentor

I have a DJM900NXS and yes you can use the mixer midi functions to map it into ableton. What I think you might want to do is run Traktor and route Sound into Ableton to record your mixes. I have a 2 set video on how to do that on the forums somewhere.

Tech Mentor

Tech Student

Yes that is most of what I am getting at, and I have actually seen your video and am set up with Jack Router, however my inquiry is if, along with that you have done in the video, can you track the crossfader automation as shown in this video at 2:16

I am a scratch DJ so its all about the crossfader.
    Last edited by vyenel; 03-28-2012 at 09:08 PM.