Recording Questions....

Default Recording Questions....

So I searched through the forum and couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for.

I'm running an MBP connected to an Audio 8 and the outputs are going into my Behringer DJX900. The master is then going to my speakers. Output routing is set to external.

My question is this: how can I set up Traktor to record my mixes? I've tried several different things to no avail. Is there a way to do it in Traktor or should I use something like Audacity or even Ableton to record?
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Are you using all of the inputs on your Audio 8?

If you have an open pair, you need to run the tape output on that mixer into one of the input pairs…select that as your recording source in Traktor, and just hit record……might need to set levels so you're not clipping.

If you're using all of the inputs on your Audio 8, you need another sound card……though your computer's line in will work just fine. If you can't get a good recording off of it and Audacity, then you're doing something really wrong.

Audacity gives better control. Any DAW works "better" than Traktor's mixing, but they're all correspondingly more expensive/complex.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    If you have an open pair, you need to run the tape output on that mixer into one of the input pairs…select that as your recording source in Traktor, and just hit record……might need to set levels so you're not clipping.
    I did that. Plugged the tape output into input 7/8, set that channel as an input and changed the recording to channel d. Still nothing.Screen Shot 2012-03-08 at 8.19.33 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-03-08 at 8.19.37 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-03-08 at 8.19.40 AM.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

That looks like it really should work…can't quite tell, those pictures are tiny.

What's the Audi 8 control panel like? Is there a gain setting for that input pair?