TSP2 - Instant Doubles?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TSP2 - Instant Doubles?

I am so close to dropping £550 on a new laptop, and £479 on TSP2 - it hurts. I've been doing some research - and it seems like TSP2 WOULD do pretty much what I want it to be able to...

I'd have a 4-deck set-up. 2 decks controlled by timecode vinyl, 1 sample deck, and one deck to use for instant doubles.

Instant doubles is something I need info on:

I want to be able to instant double from one timecode deck to the other, and the same in reverse. Normal instant double behaviour, right? I ALSO want to be able to instant double from either of my timecode decks, to the spare deck, to free up a timecode deck for scratching.

Anyone know if this is possible?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The duplicate deck command and some fun with modifiers. The S4 has this mapped out if you hold down the browse button. CUE lights blink, you select the source deck, then pick the destination, bingo.

Sounds promising! I'll be (hopefully) using a couple of controllers with TSP2 (Launchpad, UC-33e, Dicers) - so if it can be done with an S4 I'm guessing it can be done with other controllers...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

You can just drag the playing on song onto a deck and it instant doubles. For sure you can map it too
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Has to be mouseless - good to know it can be mapped!

Tech Mentor

Pretty much anything can be mapped. This ain't serato software lol. Just map duplicate deck A/B/C/D to buttons on your controller.

Tech Guru

Theres an option in preferences to duplicate deck if loading the same track, which means if you load a track that is already loaded in another deck it produces an instant double. This means if your loading the same track; whatever button on your controller or keyboard you use to load a track into a specific deck can basically be your instant double button. This is how I do instant doubles, no mapping involved. If you don't mind mapping, there are other ways to do instant doubles that maybe you would prefer over the way I do it.
    Last edited by manchild; 03-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Been on the VCI-100 mappings for donkeys years ... it was bloody useful at my last gig when the right deck packed up ....
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I'm beginning to like the sound of Traktor - mapping sounds like it's completely configurable...

Nice.

I'm trying to get my head around Traktors master tempo... Do effects for each deck stay sync'd to each indvidual (timecode controlled) deck? I imagine that each deck could be at a different tempo to the master tempo - in this case, which tempo do the effects (stuff like LFOs/beatmashers/gaters, etc...) follow?

(Is it similar in any way to Abletons master tempo?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast