Need help quick!

Default Need help quick!

so tonight im doing a gig at a local house party and need some help setting up . i have an s2 a ddm4000 mixer and a PA. can i just go from my sound card to my ddm and plug all my speakers and everything into my ddm? How should i set this up? im kinda lost with all this new technology and dont really dj.

Quote Originally Posted by djfofo View Post
    so tonight im doing a gig at a local house party and need some help setting up . i have an s2 a ddm4000 mixer and a PA. can i just go from my sound card to my ddm and plug all my speakers and everything into my ddm? How should i set this up? im kinda lost with all this new technology and dont really dj.
    Best of luck mate..sorry if I sound mean but to me this is like someone saying they are hosting a dinner party yet have no idea how to turn on the oven and can't really cook either. Maybe you should not be in control of the kitchen til you practice and learn a bit first?
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

I mean ive done it before but i just wanted to know if there was a better way to do it with what i have

If it worked before, do the same thing. Kitchen example again, if you cooked chicken perfectly last time, why change the recipe this time?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    If it worked before, do the same thing. Kitchen example again, if you cooked chicken perfectly last time, why change the recipe this time?
    Well put...!
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5