DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2) - Page 12
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moey2k2001 View Post
    Hi guys

Here are a few things that are not working by me. I have tried this on different computers and the problem seem to me to be form the TSI file. Please let me know if you're also having these problems.

--- Upper Control:
    *small buttons don't seem to trigger samples more than once.
    *when clicking loop with the mouse in the sample slot, the key of the loop changes
    *LEDs light up after pressing FX1/FX2 although samples not playing. Plus samples are not playable.
    --- Load Buttons
    *loading into sample slot does not seem to load right. somehow it loads into random slots
    --- Browse Section
    *entering browse section with the encoder automatically activates the search
    --- Scratch Mode
    *scratch mode does not seem to work. activating it or turning it off does not seem to do anything

Thanks.

MOE
    What version of traktor are you using. I had similar problems when I used it with 2.0.3 but everything is perfect with 2.1.2
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Lightbulb Feature request dedicated echo freeze

FEATURE REQUEST DEDICATED ECHO FREEZE:

Echo freeze is a great way to transition mixes, but with he current mapping the only access to it is via the jogfx layer setting, which means if you are using one of the other jog fx at that particular point of your mix you have to switch buttons (and your current jog effect off) to instigate the echo which is awkward and you need lightning reactions to make it work.

Having had a midifighter pro for a long time it is great to have the dedicated echo button just to hit at any point it means whatever effect you are layering on at that moment remains on and unaffected and it creates some amazing mix trail offs.

Is it possible to assign a dedicated echo freeze to say to a press down of FX DRY/WET press buttons at the top left and right of the unit, so if you are getting busy with the jog fx you can push that and the echo freeze kicks in?

What would be even more cool is if you could adjust the echo length with the dry wet button pressed still and twist it to make adjustments.
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Hey guys, just joined the forum. Got my VCI 400 EGE over the weekend and had a few hours to play with it. Previously used VCI 300 + VFX 1 with Serato, and like many am a first time user of Traktor.

Everything is running smoothly, after (a) importing the mapping twice and (b) adjusting sensitivity of jog dials. Also (c) holding shift and resetting pitch faders is key, I thought I had a faulty unit at first lol! I have to say, I've never had so much fun playing around with FX, grids etc, kudos for putting this product in our hands! Can't wait to test it out in front of 300 ppl this weekend!

I look forward to the EG video explaining the mapping. I like the idea of the dedicated echo-freeze, I also have issues re-setting my FX after using jog FX (which are amazing btw!) and would like a short cut. I have not had a chance to play with the sampler much but looks like that section needs tweaking. Otherwise, PROPS DJTT & EG!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------
    www.djbarrister.com
    soundcloud.com/djbarrister
    facebook.com/djbarrister

Tech Wizard

Hi guys,

I finally had a chance to play with the VCI 400 EG and had alot of fun. What a powerful controller. Love this baby. However, I do have one issue: Once a track has been "sync" and then I try to use the pitch fader to fine tune the pitch control, the pitch will suddenly reduce the bpm by about 2% or so. This is crazy and not sure why the software pitch is not matching up with the controller's pitch fader position. For your information, I have reset all pitch fader position with the software pitch position with the "Shift" key. I also have play with the "Set Tempo Range To" percentage from 100% to 50% to 12% to 8% and regardless of the percentage, the pitch control is not mirroring each other properly between the software and the VCI 400 EG controller. Any suggestions to correcting this issue. Thank you in advance for your help.
    -------------------------------------------------

Grasshopper in training, new to digital DJ 2011

Digital workflow: MacBook Pro 15" / Mac OS 10.7.3 / Tracktor Pro 2

Tech Convert

VCI-400 EGE & MIDI FIGHTER INSTANT GRATIFICATION CONFLICT:

Hey guys, I believe there is a conflict when using the VCI-400 EGE and a midi fighter with the instant gratification mapping. The problem for me is the super combos, especially the one described in the explanation video that adds a "Transpose" when all beatmashers are pressed. I believe the problem is that the jog FX on the 400 remove the transpose effect in FX bank 3. So, the first time you use the super combo, you get a major issue as it tries to set the Transpose effect AND execute it.

The result is that all your audio goes deep and screwy (no other way to describe it). The only way out is to do the super combo again. Once you do that, the Transpose effect is set and everything is ok, UNTIL you use jog FX again, then problem returns. Give it a try and let me know if you have any suggestions. I use this combo A LOT!!!

Stoked!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    What version of traktor are you using. I had similar problems when I used it with 2.0.3 but everything is perfect with 2.1.2
    sry bout the delay. yeah you were right with the traktor versions. i had same version running on all my macs. after the update all went well.

has anyone been able to usefully use the grid & slicer function? i'm not sure how to use it in a setup accurately as I usually use the 8 cues, loops and samples... whats ur ideas of using them?

i have a few stuff songs i used them with but still didnt 100% figure out yet which routine....
    Last edited by moey2k2001; 03-27-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Tech Student

Maybe I'm a complete idiot... Maybe I'm not.... I have searched all over Google DJTT and can not find an answer. I have two issues with my EG VCI-400:

1) The faders do not work. I have sound from all the channels and all over channel strip functions work. Just not the faders.
    2) I have no control over the Cue volume (..or Mix and Aux as well)

I've used Traktor for some time and although I'm not a novice, I'm not a pro either.

There were a few posts with pics and I tried all of those. No luck. I'm suck...

great tutorial flashflooder.. one question.. there is no mapping for previewing a track or is there?

i'm still on a normal vci, just want to know, when the upgrade kit is coming out

Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by grahamfee View Post
    Maybe I'm a complete idiot... Maybe I'm not.... I have searched all over Google DJTT and can not find an answer. I have two issues with my EG VCI-400:

1) The faders do not work. I have sound from all the channels and all over channel strip functions work. Just not the faders.
    2) I have no control over the Cue volume (..or Mix and Aux as well)

I've used Traktor for some time and although I'm not a novice, I'm not a pro either.

There were a few posts with pics and I tried all of those. No luck. I'm suck...
    check your output routing. set it to internal
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst