DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2) - Page 3
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    I have the same issue with the JogFX, I only had about 30 min to play around with it though everything else seems to be running smoothly except cuing doesn't produce any sound in my phones, but that might just be routing. Also, does the output volume seem low to anyone else? I turn it up on the VCI and both it and Traktor say it's clipping, though that doesn't really mean anything from a gain staging perspective...
    Something that may not be initially obvious is that the Cue Level knob doesn't actually control the Cue Level within Traktor. It controls the outputted level from the device. So, you will need to set the Cue Level to a reasonable amount within Traktor and then you can use the Cue Level knob to control the gain of that output. I've found that when set correctly, the headphone level is adequately loud (at max it is way too loud for my ears).
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Slamboogie View Post
    My pitch control is very limited, is there a way to regain my pitch control back to it's normal standard +/- 8%? Thank you.
    The mapping is based on the Tempo Range being set to 50%. This allows a +8/-8 relative range for the default Tempo fader and a +-50% range for the direct (Shift+Tempo fader command). If you change the Tempo range within Traktor's Preferences you can alter this.

If you want to change these to be different ranges, you will then want to make a combination of changes to the Tempo Range setting and also to the sensitivity rates for the "Tempo Fader" commands in the mapping. The sensitivities in the Tempo mapping lines dictate how much of the set Tempo Range is controlled.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Skerrplunk View Post
    I was having issues getting my jogs to work right, but I loosened them and turned the jog sensitivity knobs ALMOST all of the way up. ***For some reason on mine, If I turn them all of the way up (to the right), the decks don't work at all and won't play.... but if I turn the knobs slightly to the left then they work well.
    This is because when the sensitivity knobs are turned all the way to the right it increases the sensitivity of the jog wheels to the point where they think they are always being touched. Conversely, if they are all the way to the left they will never acknowledge touching the jog wheel normally as the sensitivity is then extremely low.

Quote Originally Posted by Skerrplunk View Post
    The jog fx are great and vinyl mode is working for me now... however, for some reason when I load a new track into Deck B it loads with the delay freeze turned on and I have to manually turn it off before I can hear the track. It's like the jog fx get stuck on somehow. I've toggled the buttons, pressed/released the platter, etc. but can't seem to troubleshoot why that is happening.

Has anyone else had any issues with a new track being loaded but Traktor applying a delay freeze so it is muted?
    I have never had this issue in live use or testing. Please see if you can consistently reproduce the issue and if you can, send me a PM or an email regarding the issue. This should not be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by davidvizion View Post
    so the mapping will not work with the regular vci 400 I would need the firmware from the SE, is there a way to get it??
    Yes, you would need to get the SE/Ean Golden Edition firmware loaded on a regular VCI-400 in order for this mapping to work properly. There is currently no offered method to upgrade the firmware but we are looking into this as an option for the future.

Tech Student

Hey does anyone know how to delete samples from the sample deck? or have a sample stop instead of muting? Was this even included? I sure hope so!

Tech Student

Is anyone else having a problem where when using shift and the tempo fader on deck A, not only does it change the tempo for deck A but also controls the volume for deck B? On top of that, the volume fader on deck A starts a song on deck B when you slide the fader upwards from the off position. Any ideas on why this might be happening, and/or what I could do to resolve these issues within the mapping?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YMG View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem where when using shift and the tempo fader on deck A, not only does it change the tempo for deck A but also controls the volume for deck B? On top of that, the volume fader on deck A starts a song on deck B when you slide the fader upwards from the off position. Any ideas on why this might be happening, and/or what I could do to resolve these issues within the mapping?
    have you loaded the mapping twice?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I would also very much like a firmware, so this mappings works with regular vci-400

Tech Wizard

"For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor."

How do you do this? It is probably a really easy simple fix. Does this mean upon launching Traktor Pro 2, I will need to hold down the "Shift" key plus the "Tempo Fader middle position" What does this mean and how do you do that? Do I just simply hold down the shift key and make sure the tempo fader is set in the middle position? Thank you.
    -------------------------------------------------

Grasshopper in training, new to digital DJ 2011

Digital workflow: MacBook Pro 15" / Mac OS 10.7.3 / Tracktor Pro 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Something that may not be initially obvious is that the Cue Level knob doesn't actually control the Cue Level within Traktor. It controls the outputted level from the device. So, you will need to set the Cue Level to a reasonable amount within Traktor and then you can use the Cue Level knob to control the gain of that output. I've found that when set correctly, the headphone level is adequately loud (at max it is way too loud for my ears).
    Thanks, it was indeed a routing issue and we're producing sound when and where we should now However I have a couple other questions regarding the mapping, when I first got my unit the pitch faders wouldn't work correctly, so I go into the mapping and changed the type from relative to direct, solving the problem, pitch faders now work like pitch faders. While I was in there I noticed that there was another entry for the pitch faders that was already in direct mode, and the only difference was the M8 modifier was 1 instead of 0. The M8 modifier is used alot in there, could you tell me what it refers to? Also, I'd like to turn down the acceleration of the jog wheels when pitch bending, what's the right command I need to edit?

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast