DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2) - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slamboogie View Post
    Do I just simply hold down the shift key and make sure the tempo fader is set in the middle position? Thank you.
    Yes
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    Thanks, it was indeed a routing issue and we're producing sound when and where we should now However I have a couple other questions regarding the mapping, when I first got my unit the pitch faders wouldn't work correctly, so I go into the mapping and changed the type from relative to direct, solving the problem, pitch faders now work like pitch faders. While I was in there I noticed that there was another entry for the pitch faders that was already in direct mode, and the only difference was the M8 modifier was 1 instead of 0. The M8 modifier is used alot in there, could you tell me what it refers to? Also, I'd like to turn down the acceleration of the jog wheels when pitch bending, what's the right command I need to edit?

Did you reset your pitch faders to 0 while holding shift before you changed their setting? Did you load the mapping twice, restarting Traktor each time? I don't think you should have changed them, but I can't really be sure because I don't have a VCI-400. I did just open the mapping and have a look at it and it looks like M8 is shift.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Did you reset your pitch faders to 0 while holding shift before you changed their setting? Did you load the mapping twice, restarting Traktor each time? I don't think you should have changed them, but I can't really be sure because I don't have a VCI-400. I did just open the mapping and have a look at it and it looks like M8 is shift.
    Yeah, mapping is good, and after playing with it a little more I see the functionality that they were going for. M8 being shift makes total sense, good to know as I tweak the map a little to my liking. Now to squeeze some more precise out of those jog wheels.

Other question for the DJTT crew, are you guys planning on updating this mapping for the remix decks in 2.5? It would be a damn shame if a piece of gear like the 400EGE this doesn't get in on that.

Quote Originally Posted by keen206 View Post
    Hey does anyone know how to delete samples from the sample deck? or have a sample stop instead of muting? Was this even included? I sure hope so!
    I don't think the "deleting samples" from a slot is currently in the mapping but it should be so I will check and update it if it's not. If you want to stop a sample instead of muting the only real way to do this currently is to switch the deck select to control the sample deck and then to press the play button to stop all of the sample slots from playing.

I am assuming that being able to delete a sample from a slot is more valuable to people than stopping the sample? If anyone has thoughts on this let me know. I personally don't use the sample decks much.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by YMG View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem where when using shift and the tempo fader on deck A, not only does it change the tempo for deck A but also controls the volume for deck B? On top of that, the volume fader on deck A starts a song on deck B when you slide the fader upwards from the off position. Any ideas on why this might be happening, and/or what I could do to resolve these issues within the mapping?
    This sounds very weird. Are you using a DJTT VCI-400SE or a regular VCI-400? You should not be having mapping issues like that and I can't think of any reason why it would occur except if you don't have our special firmware.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Slamboogie View Post
    "For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor."

How do you do this? It is probably a really easy simple fix. Does this mean upon launching Traktor Pro 2, I will need to hold down the "Shift" key plus the "Tempo Fader middle position" What does this mean and how do you do that? Do I just simply hold down the shift key and make sure the tempo fader is set in the middle position? Thank you.
    photjojo already answered you but Yes you got it right. All I mean is that when you load Traktor you want to physically press Shift and move each Tempo fader to the middle (with the red light on) and also to turn most knobs and faders so the software and hardware are corresponding correctly so you don't jump in to mixing and move a knob and have the sound change drastically and unexpectedly

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    I don't think the "deleting samples" from a slot is currently in the mapping but it should be so I will check and update it if it's not.
    I looked in the mapping this morning and didn't see an unload mapped for the sample slots. I have mine mapped on my X1 as play primary so they just mute when i press them a second time. Then shift + sample button unloads the deck. Can you load a sample into a slot that has a sample in it wether it's stopped or not? Don't have Traktor in front of me to check.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by CryderSteez View Post
    I have a couple other questions regarding the mapping, when I first got my unit the pitch faders wouldn't work correctly, so I go into the mapping and changed the type from relative to direct, solving the problem, pitch faders now work like pitch faders. While I was in there I noticed that there was another entry for the pitch faders that was already in direct mode, and the only difference was the M8 modifier was 1 instead of 0. The M8 modifier is used alot in there, could you tell me what it refers to? Also, I'd like to turn down the acceleration of the jog wheels when pitch bending, what's the right command I need to edit?
    M8 is used for the Shift function mainly. M8=1 means that Shift is held down and M8=0 means Shift is not pressed.

If you want to edit the mapping, every line is commented to make it easy to understand and follow. Just go into the controller manager, select the mapping, expand the Comment column so you can fully read it, and then sort by comments. You'll find scratch controls under "Jog Scratch" and bend controls under "Tempo Bend".

The reason that I made the Tempo Faders a relative command normally and only Direct when holding Shift is that if say you are Syncing one track to another whose BPM is more than 8% away from the track's original tempo then you couldn't adjust the tempo without it immediately jumping to somewhere within the +8%/-8% range. The Shift command allows you a larger Direct range and is also very helpful for resetting the track to the original Tempo, especially because of the red LED feedback.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    have you loaded the mapping twice?
    This sounds very weird. Are you using a DJTT VCI-400SE or a regular VCI-400? You should not be having mapping issues like that and I can't think of any reason why it would occur except if you don't have our special firmware.
    I ended up fixing the issues i was having with the tempo and volume faders. There must have have been some interference with another mapping i had imported for my ipad, cause when i deleted it, I no longer was having the problems I was talking about. The thing is.. I just read the .pdf on the summary of the new vci's features, and I've now noticed that the wrong fx presets are loading when I enable the gratify mode. Instead of a Gater there's a Flanger Flux, a T3 Delay instead of the Filter LFO, and another Delay where the Beatmasher should be. Yes, I am using an EG edition, and I've loaded the mappings and restarted multiple times.. Thoughts...

Tech Mentor

M8 is used for the Shift function mainly. M8=1 means that Shift is held down and M8=0 means Shift is not pressed.

If you want to edit the mapping, every line is commented to make it easy to understand and follow. Just go into the controller manager, select the mapping, expand the Comment column so you can fully read it, and then sort by comments. You'll find scratch controls under "Jog Scratch" and bend controls under "Tempo Bend".

The reason that I made the Tempo Faders a relative command normally and only Direct when holding Shift is that if say you are Syncing one track to another whose BPM is more than 8% away from the track's original tempo then you couldn't adjust the tempo without it immediately jumping to somewhere within the +8%/-8% range. The Shift command allows you a larger Direct range and is also very helpful for resetting the track to the original Tempo, especially because of the red LED feedback.
    Cool thanks, I owe ya a beer. Got any insight into making the gain pot override the autogain value(no soft override) essentially making it behave like the channel gain on a real mixer?

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast