DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default DJTT VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition Mapping (Traktor Pro 2)

This is to be used as the official thread for the DJ Techtools VCI-400SE Ean Golden Edition mapping for Traktor Pro 2. TO use this mapping, please make sure to be running at least TPro2 version 2.1 or greater to avoid any unexpected issues. The mapping was tested and created on TPro2 v2.1.2.

PLEASE NOTE: The VCI-400SE (Ean Golden Edition) has DJ Techtools custom firmware on the controller so this mapping WILL NOT function correctly as expected with regular VCI-400 units.

After downloading the mapping, you will need to Import the mapping into Traktor using the large "Import" button on the bottom left of the Preferences section (note that using this large Import button will overwrite all other loaded mappings, so please export your current settings first if you want to back them up).

If it is the first time importing this mapping, you will want to go through the Import process twice due to an infamous Traktor bug where the Effect settings do not load properly on the first Import. You can verify if the effect settings loaded correctly by trying the "Gratify" effects or any of the "JogFX" and ensuring that the proper effects load (this can be checked with the Summary pdf as the expected effects are listed in there).

After importing the mapping, you will want to go into the Controller Manager of Traktor's Preferences, select the DJTT VCI-400SE mapping in the "Device" listbox and make sure your In-Port and Out-Port are set correctly. "All Ports" is ok to keep if this is the only controller you have plugged into your computer. Otherwise, you may want to set the In-Port and Out-Port specifically to the VCI-400 to avoid any potentially Midi confusion between mappings.

Note: The mapping and pdf summary should have been sent in your Shipping confirmation email; however, in the case you did not receive it, I have reposted the tsi and pdf summary to this thread.

Should you find any bugs or have any questions regarding the mapping, please use this forum thread to post your comments. Thanks!

DJTT VCI-400_TSI_v1.1.1.tsi
    DJTT VCI400SE Mapping Summary.pdf

NOTE: There will be a tutorial video for this mapping early next week. We have to refilm now because our media got corrupted. We will also likely shoot a setup video too.

For now, after loading the mapping you want to move most knobs and faders to reset them correctly. You will also want to press Shift+Tempo Fader middle position (where the red light turns on) for each Tempo fader upon starting up Traktor. This will properly set the tempo range to +-8% (instead of 0% to 16%). This occurs because the default Tempo command is a relative command with a total range of 16%. Shift+ the Tempo fader is a direct Tempo fader command with a range of +-50%. This range can be changed in the Transport section of Preferences.

UPDATE: See below for the VCI-400SE Mapping Tutorial Video I did recently. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by flashflooder; 03-29-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

nice cant wait to test it on my (unfortunately still normal) unit.

is there any info on how the mapping works non EG-vci400s? surely the hardcoded slicer wont work, but what else?
    hopefully it works somehow! looking forward to the upgrade kit though
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    is there any info on how the mapping works non EG-vci400s? surely the hardcoded slicer wont work, but what else?
    I have not had a chance to test this on a normal unit yet and don't know exactly how the Midi data differs between the normal and SE models. I will try to investigate this in the future if I have time but I figure you and others will probably report on it before then.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    I have not had a chance to test this on a normal unit yet and don't know exactly how the Midi data differs between the normal and SE models. I will try to investigate this in the future if I have time but I figure you and others will probably report on it before then.
    ok. thanks

would be nice though to know the changes the EG fw does..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

Tech Student

tried it on the normal vci400. Did not work

Tech Wizard

awsome! thx!
    vci-400, launchpad, ipad/lemur, electribe mx-1, edirol pcr-500, kaoss pad3, maya-44 usb, pc core 2 duo 2.3Ghz, 4 RAM, windows 7 ultimate 64bit

own a vci-400? - join our facebook group and share your experience and knowledge. https://www.facebook.com/groups/vci400/

unfortunately only few controls work with normal units and they are partly messed up too

EQs, Gain, volume fader, filter
    browse knob (toggle window does not work), load, sync
    fx select
    fx section (one minute they worked, then i changed something now they dont)
    loop recorder (PFL buttons get selected too though)
    play, cue
    Loopmove/length encoder section (setting loop does not work)

the rest is really messed up..
    soundcloud
    facebook

I am having issues getting my jog wheels to work. The jogfx are definitely messed up. When I turn them I can see which effects they are controlling/changing but the effects groups aren't turning on. If I toggle the vinyl button on/off that seems to turn them on/off sometimes. Is this supposed to happen? None of the jogfx are working right. For example, the echo definitely doesn't toggle on/off the echo freeze when pressing and releasing the jog.

Also, should I be able to scratch and/or seek forward and backward in a track by spinning the jogwheels? Because mine definitely aren't working properly if so. I've tried loosening them but that hasn't helped.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this unit but this is driving me nuts. Once I get these jogs working properly I will be ecstatic.

If anyone can tell me what I should do I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    Macbook Pro 15" (2.3 GHz Quad i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD), S4, Maschine, Beat Masher, Cue Master

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

is there anything with the firmware that will hinder me from remapping things like the effects? I don't use beatmasher and have a few go to effects combos that I like to use.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Skerrplunk View Post
    I am having issues getting my jog wheels to work. The jogfx are definitely messed up. When I turn them I can see which effects they are controlling/changing but the effects groups aren't turning on.
    Try adjusting your jog sensitivity

The vinyl mode doesn't work for me either, Touching the jogwheel stops the deck but then the jogwheel doesn't do anything
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast