Interface search: 1 in, 1 out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Interface search: 1 in, 1 out

I'm searching for an audio interface that has one input and one output, because I need something very portable that I can play into and easily feed things into to sample, etc. My current interface, the Lexicon Lambda, is just a bit too bulky, size and weight wise, to easily take along with me, and I often take my gear to a gallery/studio where I work on music.
    I have a PC, so Apogee interfaces aren't an option, and they are prohibitively expensive anyway. I was really intrigued by NI's Guitar Rig Mobile Guitar_Rig_full.jpg
    but to my understanding, it has been discontinued. I would gladly buy one off a forum member if anyone wants to pass their interface on. Ebay didn't bring any of them up, sadly.
    guitar1.jpg
    In searching, I also came across this. It is suspiciously inexpensive, but seems to have a version of what I need: one input at 1/4 inch and on headphone output, at 1/8th inch. I just wanted to ask if anyone here had any experience with this thing and if it is worth looking into.

are there any other interfaces that are compact, light, portable and have at least 1 in and 1 out?
    thanks for any advice!

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

oh yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I have one of those, but the drivers have caused the weirdest shit to happen. I can't explain it, but it seriously screws up audio things on my computer, especially my DAW. even with Audacity something about it is wonky, not to mention it needs RCA cables instead of having a quarter inch jack. thanks though.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

How about a Numark DJ/IO ?

It has a 1/4 mic Input, pretty cheap/light and sounds good (Even if it is lil low on the output)

or http://www.esi-audio.com/products/ugm96/

Thanks a lot for the UGM96 tip, Deevey. I will dig around for that one, it seems super solid. the DJ/io just looks like crap. I'm sure the audio quality is fine, but something about it seriously turns me off. It's not off the list though. While browsing I somehow found this
    $(KGrHqF,!hkE5oj!Gs2NBOb9M0P50g~~_12.jpg
    what is that?! is it some kind of special version of the DJ|io? It seems to have the same name but I havent found it with some quick searches. sure as hell looks nicer than the standard numark djio

So I dug around a bit more after making this thread and I found two interfaces that I think are very suitable. the first is ESI's UGM96. ugm96_large.jpgugm96_sub2_largeg.jpg
    It however only has one line output, so one couldn't mix externally if one wanted. Also no phantom power.
    A much classier one is Echo's Audiofire 2.
    audiofire2_both_big.jpg
    it's firewire so it would save precious USB ports. I have several questions about it though, if anyone could answer them...
    first... I was unable to find anything specifically if it had phantom power. It doesn't have a button to enable more power, like most +48V phantom-powered interfaces. however, it has a plug for external power which would to me imply it is capable of supporting extra power. is this a mistake on my part?
    Next, the review for the Audiofire2 on the DJTT blog states it cannot be used for external mixing, however while reading the specs of the interface, it says it has 6 assignable outputs, so I understand that the two line outs are balanced, so you could assign left and right of 2 channels to the outputs, and thereby have two channels to feed into a DJ mixer using 1/4" to RCA cables like the ones that come with the Audio 2 DJ. the other two outputs are for the 1/8" headphone monitor.
    Am I totally mistaken?

I would really like an answer concerning the 6 outputs of the Audiofire2. It's been a couple days so I thought I could bump this, and I havent found a solid answer anywhere.
    the traktor audio 2 has 4 outputs so...
    I guess that answers my question but just want to make sure.

Tech Convert

I'm pretty sure one of the Echo's outputs is an S/PDIF and not useful for anything other than a digital board feed. Although I'm not a mixer expert so there may be something out there somewhere that takes a digital connection. I don't know how good it'd sound to mix with one analog channel and the other digital though.

I'm sorry for being totally crazy and asking so many details about interfaces, but I just recently came across this one. it's ridiculously cheap, has two inputs and two outputs. It sounds a little too god to be true, but I also don't know if there are four assignable outputs like the Audio 2 DJ to (just in case) maybe mix externally or use it like an audio 2. This isn't often clarified.
    anyone have any experience with this? Phonic%20Firefly%20202%20Portable%20FireWire%20Interface4.jpg
    it's called the Phone Firefly.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Looks like its just a single stereo out on it.

That version of the DJIO is the new model came out during NAMM I think, same features just a new (better looking) casing.

If you want cheap and "reasonably" ok you can check my thread on the Encore 8ch that i'm planning on sticking in my modded APC40- its around $30 :-O

Works like a champ on OSX without any driver installs and latency isn't bad either (10ms Traktor/Ableton)

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=44655

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast